+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    329.46 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Why would anybody buy anything from Apple.

I meant that MS may come up with their linux version for what suites their styles. As Google adopted a debian based linux and modeled to act as they expect to do.

So in a review for the OSes, it pretty evident that all of these are leading to useful adoptions. Windows had opted to a mild UAC and a separated user data, strengthen by the newer version, whereas Linux desktop environment had adopted some functions that people are familiar to use on the Windows world.

Last, one may have both worlds by using a virtual machine, which is pretty easy since the hardware is mostly capable of such virtualization.

After highjacking this thread, I'd like to see what Apple has done to attract more customers, probably there's an interest for quality products, but this might not include the software.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    872.27 MB

0 Not allowed!

I think I mentioned before that I had to give up on W10 because file explorer is incredibly unstable and would only intermittently access my NAS. I tried many solutions from the MS website, bought a new NAS and a new router but still the same. I tried other file explorers but they all seem to rely on the MS DLL. On the rare occasions the explorer did connect with the NAS I could not do anything.

Eventually I went back to W7, problems solved, and like Les I prefer a plain desk top but mine is a dull green which shows icons and text really well.

I got really annoyed with the constant updates on my Android tablet and Android phone so changed the tablet for an I-pad which is much better but no way would I pay for an Apple phone or computer.
    Last edited by See_Mos; 15th March 2020 at 16:20.
    My RAM is failing

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Interesting comment on file Explorer See_mos.
    I have that trouble and I thought it was my inability to set up a network properly. Sometimes it locks me out for a non existent password.
    Interestingly I have a network analysing program and it can always find the server and allow me to access a file.
    Frustrating!
    John

6. Attention

Thread Information