Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    329.46 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default PIc 16F and I2C LCD module

Hello forum,
    I and a friend of mine attempting to use a LCD display driven by PCF8574. I seen this post and i think that using the soft version it might work.
    Even hardware solution might be feasible just changing Busout whit Hbusout in the INC file and setting the relevant register files for the wanted speed.
    I'm currently busy, but my friend likes the idea and urge me for a solution, so is it as I thought ?

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Prolific Poster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: PIc 16F and I2C LCD module

The only difference between the two versions provided is method of generating I2C either bit bang or MSSP.
    George.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    329.46 MB

0 Not allowed!

I've tried to compile with the MSSP, but definitely I got what I knew. The hardware between the two micro are very different. I only hope that the code to the PCF8574 remaining same, so the PRINT would be performed as expected.
    I'll see if tomorrow I'll catch some spare time to try my conversion.

6. Attention

Prolific Poster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

The code to the PCF8574 simply duplicates the standard Print code so should work on any PIC device. Beware some backpacks uses PCF8574A and different bit orders.

Note there are two versions "I2CPrintSoftCommand_Demo.bas" and "I2CPrintHardCommand_Demo.bas" and use BusOut and HBusOut respectivley. As far as I know there is nothing PIC hardware specific, so no conversion will be required.There may however be issues with compiler changes.
    George.

8. Attention

Thread Information