Thread: Expand the Proton compiler33 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    401.18 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Expand the Proton compiler

Hi for some time now devices like Esp8266 or the Wemos D1 mini Esp32 are spreading. Can these devices be programmed in basic?
    It may be interesting to expand the Proton compiler to manage these devices.
    Do you know other compilers besides the Arduino ide that already manage them?

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 147
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Expand the Proton compiler

Proton32 for the ARM core devices is something I am looking into, which include the ESP devices. However, Proton is not promoted or advertised in any way, so the year's continuous work to add them will be a pointless venture. :-(

The Proton and Proton24 compilers bring in "zero" money, so I am doing projects for others to make some money so we can live!!!

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

1 Not allowed!

Annex looks quite interesting but doesn't have the mass of libs that come with the Arduino ide.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 147
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

It's not Arduino!!!

All that is, is an IDE that interfaces with the open source GCC C++ compiler! It does nothing creative and never has.

It is also a dreadful IDE!!!!!!

The best IDE for the ESP devices is the free Visual Studio IDE with the freely available ESP plugins. It makes the experience of programming the ESP devices professional, instead of the "less than amateur" Arduino rubbish! Microchip have been so money orientated over the years, they have missed all the opportunities of users adding the devices to open source IDEs and compilers. They have kept everything in house and produced absolutely dreadful IDEs and their C compilers are rip-offs of open source GCC, but with things missing until they are paid for! Which makes a mockery of open source.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

You can run ESP from Arduino IDE (as well as a tone of other boards) it's a download option.

Yes the Arduino IDE sucks but there are a zillion libraries. If you just want something to work, you don't care how it works and you don't care if it's optimal, the Arduino infrastructure does the job. It does do it very well but it does it.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Total Downloaded
    1.53 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hello
    What Proton needs is help from everyone on the Forum to put there Projects on Utube with "programmed with Proton" in the discription.
    Proton needs Person to be a American Distributor willing to take on the task of selling and promoting Proton.
    Les needs a few coins to keep on improving the product and have incentive to expand it.
    It is a fantastic product and I think if people used it they would find out it kicks C Ass in project compleation.
    I have done hundreds of small projects and I can get thm done very fast with Proton.
    Nuff of my Wining
    Gary

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Total Downloaded
    401.18 MB

0 Not allowed!

I saw that ESP devices can also be managed by Micropyton has anyone tried it?
    Also I have seen that there is a basic for ESP http://www.esp8266basic.com/ maybe you could take a cue from this to implement everything in the proton compiler.
    I agree with Oldhack the proton compiler is an excellent tool and has nothing to envy to the Arduino IDE.
    At the time I sent a small financial contribution to Les I am willing to contribute again and to advertise the proton compiler based on my strength.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 46
    Total Downloaded
    1.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Python and Micropython are interpreters which require more overhead during run and less to program than a compiler such as PDS. Interpreters run fine on powerful windows however may be a drain of resources on a microcontroller.

Unless its just my PC the ESPBasic site's online editor has been down for the last few days that I have tried it. The forum can have months between posts in each category. I would perhaps give it a try but has anyone gotten ESPBasic running as it could be a cool resource?
    Last edited by normnet; 25th January 2020 at 18:18.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    319.88 MB

0 Not allowed!

I was considering whether a guru would pick up a python translator, like Pyastra. I think it might be a good point, because has the power of easy use like basic and the (probably) flexibility to implement OOP, like Arduino libraries (just to make a figure).

• Attention

Thread Information