Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    8.59 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Ea dogm204w-a

Hello,
    Anybody use this one yet,if i print at 1,1, and do all 80 characters it work perfectly,if I do 1,21 it goes where it should 1,34 puts it at 1,24.If I do print at 1,41. it prints in the middle of line 2 and to many characters on any line they get mixed up like your are putting over twenty on each line when it is only about half full

Now if i print at 1,1 its fine, if I do 2,1, it prints at line 3, line 3 prints at line 2 line 4 prints at 4, but the second you put to many characters on any line they start getting mixed up, any ideas

Thanks Stan

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.87 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Ea dogm204w-a

I am sure this has been covered before, a quick search came up with this.
    Which may offer some insight into the problem, if that does not seem to offer the correct solution try using the forum search facility as I have a feeling there are other answers to your problem on here somewhere.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Total Downloaded
    8.59 MB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the post,I did search but I was only looking for my cog screen.I have used others and everything starts line one and at line 4 you are using 1,60, i am still looking because nothing is working,I tried the post you pointed me too that will not work either thanks for the help

Stan

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

0 Not allowed!

Morning stan

Have a look in the WIKI Section of the Forum Under Displays there are quite a few Examples on the Various DOG Displays for the Pic 18F Devices
    and then their is also some good Examples on the PIC 24 Forum On the Dog Display.

I hope that this Helps

Regards
    Craig

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 345
    Given: 167
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

The problem with some of the Hitachi clones is that they have not followed the internal RAM layout the same. A lot of them did this type of twist to get under the copyright rules, so it is "nearly" an Hitachi chipset, but not quite, but can be advertised as "compatible"

The compiler's Cursor and Print At library routine uses offsets from the start of the LCD's internal display RAM, so it will be in the RAM section where a particular line starts based upon the X and Y parameters. The library code was written for a genuine Hitachi chipset, and tested on a genuine Hitachi chipset, many years ago.

The only solution is to create a procedure that will move the cursor for your particular LCD, then just use Print after it. Or to see what others have done to replace the compiler's linrary asm routines with their own BASIC code.

Because of the vast amount of "nearly" Hitachi chipsets around now, the compiler's library code could not be changed automatically for each one's querks, unfortunately.
    Last edited by top204; 14th January 2020 at 09:42.

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 345
    Given: 167
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Proton PIC BASIC - Hitachi LCD Cursor procedure

Here's a procedure that I have just knocked up to move the cursor on a standard Hitachi HD44780 alphanumeric LCD. It is the same mechanism that the compiler's library Cursor and Print At use:

Code:
    '------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' Move the cursor on an Hitachi HD44780 alphanumeric LCD
    ' Input     : pLine holds the line number (1 to 4)
    '           : PXpos holds the position on the line (1 to 20)
    ' Output    : None
    ' Notes     : The RAM offsets are for an Hitachi HD44780 4x20 LCD
    '
    Proc LCD_GotoXY(pLine As Byte, pXpos As Byte)
        pXpos = pXpos - 1
        pLine = 128             ' Default to line 1 position 1
        If pLine = 1 Then       ' Line 1?
            pLine = 128
        ElseIf pLine = 2 Then   ' Line 2?
            pLine = 192
        ElseIf pLine = 3 Then   ' Line 3?
            pLine = 148
        ElseIf pLine = 4 Then   ' Line 4?
            pLine = 212
        EndIf
        pLine = pLine + pXpos   ' Add the X position to the line position in RAM
        Print $FE, pLine
    EndProc

'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' The main program starts here
    '
    Main:
        Cls
        LCD_GotoXY(2, 1)
        Print "Hello"
        Stop
    The values loaded into pLine within the procedure are the offsets for the RAM locations inside the LCD chipset that correspond to the visible lines and positions on the visible lines. These may need to be changed for your LCD.

It also shows the power of procedures now in Proton BASIC that allow an already flexible language to be even more flexible. :-)
    Last edited by top204; 14th January 2020 at 21:47.

12. Attention

Thread Information