Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    11.21 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Can't set FVR voltage on PortA.2

Dear all,
    I'm using the 18F25k22 chip. I have set the chip ADC.0 to use the internal reference voltage of 2.048V. No problem there. Where I'm failing even after reading back and forth the chip spec sheet is to have VREF output on the PortA.2 that can also be DACout. I have tried to manipulate the VREFCON1 to do so by setting it at %11101000 but not getting any output voltage on that pin. I know this setup is for DAC but will it possible to set it to produce the internal voltage when using ADC? Many thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Yves
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vrefcon1.jpg‎  

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Can't set FVR voltage on PortA.2

You have only shown how oyu have set up VREFCON0, not all the relevant registers so that we can check for errors but I think you need to set...
    VREFCON0 = $E0 'FVR Enabled, Output ready for use, 2.084V
    VERFCON1 = $E4 'DAC Enabled, Positive Ref selected, Output of DACOUT pin, +ve source is FVR Buffer 1 output, negative source = 0V and finally
    VREFCON2 = $1F 'Select the highest output voltage.

If you look at figure 22-1 on page 344 you will see that is not a true D-A converter in that you do not send it a digital value that is then convertered to analogue. Instead it is more like a digital potentiometer (made of 32 resistors), the +Ve & -Ve references set the voltage across the potentiometer. The DACR bits of the VREFCON2 register determines which of the 32 voltage taps is provided.

Therefore if you are using FVR as the +Ve input source and want that voltage out you need to select the highest tap (might give 2.020V), if you want half that voltage out (1.042V) then VREFCON2 = 0F, a quarter (0.512V) and VREFCON2 = $08.
    Alternatively, if something close to the FVR voltage is sufficient you could use VDD (assuming 5V) as the +Ve source for the DAC and VREFCN2 = $0D or $0E.
    Last edited by Stephen Moss; 3rd December 2019 at 10:59.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thread Information