Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default 3.7.3.1 download will not unzip

Hi,
    Has anyone else downloaded 3.7.3.1, I just have and when I try to unzip it I get a message "Archive is not readable. Would you like to try a password?".
    I have downloaded it twice and same both times.

Bob

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: 3.7.3.1 download will not unzip

Strange, I tried earlier versions and get the same, existing downloads seem to work. I wonder if a Windows10 update has done its usual thing of messing things up without my permission. I am going to try a Wib7 one later.

Bob

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28
    Total Downloaded
    5.14 GB

0 Not allowed!

Bob,

I've just installed the latest version of Proton - no problems here. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit.

Bob

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 183
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Much as I admire your fortitude and perseverance, why do you keep banging your head against Win 10?

I'm gonna stay with Win 7 till a must have app doesn't support it (not holding my breath) and create an offline backup strategy that laughs at ransomeware etc.
    George.

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    3.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

I downloaded it in Windows 10 64 with no issues.
    JohnB

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Interesting, I tried on Win7 and got a different message but pretty much the same, saying the archive was empty although it was around 80meg. I then noticed it had added .zip on to the file. removed the .zip and it worked fine, I am not sure why that is happening as I have not known it before.

Hi George,
    I am of the same sentiment but when my laptop failed I was forced to go Win10 or second hand.

Regards,
    Bob

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

One mans "second hand" is another mans "refurbished".

I always buy refurbished laptops. You can get some fantastic deals on 2 or 3 year old, top of the line machines.
    George.

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

That's interesting Bob, I had the same problem. It downloads as a .ZIP file but it's not a .zip file. Just removed the .Zip extension using rename and then ran the EXE and all is sweet.
    I don't think it's a W10 problem but I can't explain why some people got it first time and others didn't. Another great mystery of the world!
    W10 home 64bit.
    John

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,
    I tried on 2 machinehs with different OS.
    The only common factor was firefox?

Bob

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Bob,
    I was using Firefox too. Maybe that's the issue.
    I'll try a download with Chrome.
    John

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Bob,
    That's it, you've found the problem. I used Chrome and everything worked as it should.
    Firefox has of late developed some strange actions. I also use it to access a cloud based service of email and documents and it wouldn't proceed beyond the welcoming Outlook screen whereas Chrome and Edge would. A few days later it started operating correctly. The latest version seems to be broken. I think they have gone overboard with the intruder protection and causing problems as a result. Clearly it's Firefox that is adding the .zip extension.
    John

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 6
    Total Downloaded
    463.40 MB

0 Not allowed!

Latest Firefox pose to much concern on issued certificates from the connecting site. Several times it refuses to open a web page within certain circumstances, whereas few minutes later will do anyways.

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Double smug, Win7 and Waterfox
    George.

26. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28
    Total Downloaded
    5.14 GB

0 Not allowed!

This is puzzling. As I said in a previous post, I've had no issues with Windows 10 in this respect. Firefox is my standard browser which I use to download all files from this site. Again no issues.

Bob

28. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

I am using version 70.0.1 on the win7 PC, not sure on the laptop.

Bob

30. Attention

Thread Information