Thread: Hc-12222 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 183
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Hc-12

Just got two HC-12's from China and they worked first time. I don't think I've ever had anything work first time.

No muss no fuss, default to 9600 8 1s with SET pin floating.

TTL level GPS to HC-12, USB CDC to the other HC-12, fire up Putty and worked across the room even without ariels. If you prefer to keep all your comms protocols in software these might be for you. Oh yea, they are cheap as chips.
    George.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Hc-12

I heard you have to be careful not to get fake hc12 modules. Originals can be purchased from hc01.com.
    The problem that they don't accept paypal payment if I'm not mistaken.
    Where did you get yours?

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

ebay for China. I seem to remember they were so cheap, that it would hardly matter if they were fakes.

I find with eBay that sellers with good feedback are VERY ken to retain it. Most will give refunds for undelivered or defective items provided they are not to expensive.
    George.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

If they are false, the performances are limited. You can watch this video and explain everything :

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the info. I seem to have the same type as shown at the end if the vid.

Does anyone know how to detect (other than suck it and see) the dodgy modules?
    George.

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

The originals from the fakes differ both in the abbreviation of the integrated radio and in the integrated interface. At least so you see in the video

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

@Giuseppe Thanks for the video link, good info but the voices are so duuullllll. It appears that by luck I have genuine parts.
    George.

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

Have you developed a code for Hc12?
    Maybe I take 2 too to try how they behave

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

You do not need code, rx/tx is completely transparent.

For example a wireless GPS. HC-12 to the rx/tx on the gps, another HC-12 to a ttl to USB dongle. Fire up putty on the PC and bob's your uncle.
    Last edited by towlerg; 2nd February 2020 at 17:53.
    George.

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

1 Not allowed!

Hc-12 very simple device
    just send hrsout "proton"
    you receive other hc-12 board "proton"

need adjust baudrate and channels
    or leave default 9600, channel 0

hc-12 have many fake variation
    you must buy it from same store, same module
    different boards not communication other type board

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

different boards not communication other type board
    @Maxi - are yu sure about that? its just a breakout board after all?
    George.

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by towlerg View Post
    @Maxi - are yu sure about that? its just a breakout board after all?
    yes yes sure
    boards (tx-rx) must be identical
    I live it
    check internet, search fake hc-12
    https://www.thebackshed.com/forum/Vi....php?TID=10443

tx-rx
    all boards genuine OK
    one fake, one fake OK
    one genuine, one fake generally DONT WORK
    one good fake, one genuine OK
    one good fake, one other fake DONT WORK

its funny but true
    if you make big project, listen me.

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

I had heard that fake hc-12s must work with fakes. Originals must work with originals. I read that they differ in channel bandwidth.

26. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi I ordered 3 hc-12.
    They arrived and luckily they are original.
    I made a test program for the transmission of 8 bytes setting the module at 9600 baudrate, FU3 mode, 433,800Mhz and 50 mW. Through my sdr receiver I can see the transmission on the waterfall. I am trying to decode the information I have transmitted starting from the received RF signal. In ooK modulations through recording with sdr + audacity you can extrapolate the various bits. Have any of you ever tried with hc12?

28. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 44
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

Yes, I am having a lot of fun with HC-12. I send RS232 data here and there in the house for various purposes and HC-12 handles it very well indeed. George T said how good they were I think, thanks George.

I saw something on the net about mixing "old" and "new" versions of HC-12 causing problems, but mine are all the same, new I think.

I got the in and out the wrong way round, the pin you send you data INTO the HC-12 is labelled RXD and the pin that the HC-12 sends its received data to you is labelled TXD. Apart from that, I connected the Vcc and ground the wrong way round and the HC-12 survived. I have been in the data comms/computer business all my adult life and I still make the same stupid mistakes.

Get some HC-12's, you'll enjoy them.

One question for HC-12'ites: when you change the channel number using AT commands, does that change apply even after power cycling?

Charlie

30. Attention

Thread Information