Thread: FN-M16P wow's88 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    223.72 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default FN-M16P wow's

I was wondering if any body here has worked with an FN-M16P dvr before? I have recorded some numbers and messages for an upcoming project and noticed an unacceptable delay after sending the control string to the unit. The delay is in the order of 100 to sometimes 1000 Milliseconds. When building a string of numbers to announce a numeric value the delay is unacceptable. I am looking at the Busy signal as to when to send the next string after the utterance and on the scope I can see the delay before the busy pin goes Low. The busy pin is low during the utterance and when it return to a high level the unit is in Idle. I have an email in to the manufacture but no reply as of yet. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong, but I have followed all of the documentation.
    Dave Purola,

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    223.72 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: FN-M16P wow's

Well after some serious investigation I have found the problem with the mysterious delay in using the FN-M16P playback unit. After loading the exact same utterance files into all of the 99 directory's and selecting the individual directory's for playback I noticed the delay is worse as the directory is increased form 01 to 99. It seams as though the FN-M16P module has some problem whether it be serially discerning the directory name or something else in the firmware. For the best performance and minimum delay it is recommended in my opinion to place single numeric utterances in the lower directory numbers from 01 to 20. I am using the FN-M16P to announce numeric values of: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19, 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,
    Hundred,Thousand, and some ancillary utterances. I as of this post have not heard back from Flyron Technology's about the problem with the delay question.
    My only email response from the tech. department was to send them all of my code and they would test it out. I don't think so... I hope this message will help others with delay questions in the future. My project is now progressing quite well.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 146
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: FN-M16P wow's

Nice one Dave!

The problem with virtually all of the boards from China, and most other places, is that they all use the manufacturer's design firmware and do no investigations or write code themselves. So the problem stays in all the modules or pieces of hardware bacause of the "Copy and Paste" world we live in now.

In a FATXX system, directories are always a bit slower to locate and open and read/write because they add an extra layer to the code for finding them. Whenever I've written code to read or write with a FATxx system I've created, I always try to avoid directories so the access is a lot faster. Also, with some codes for accessing FATxx directories they use cumbersome code that was originally written for PCs and NOT microcontrollers, so it is always a lot slower. This means while it is searching for the directory, then file name, then the file's number, which is what FAT actually usus to access a file, not name, but number, it takes more time as it searches through them. On a microcoprocessor this is not a pronlem, but on a smaller microcontroller, there are quite a few multiplies and divides etc, so it takes time. Again, the "copy and paste" syndrome does its thing.

• Attention

Thread Information