Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Message Regarding Adverts

Sorry, I really hate them too.

To continue to provide this service - Free of charge to the users. We need to raise revenue , enough to pay for the costs associated with the service provision. The Advertising level that is currently in use, is providing that income.

Though It will not cover Upgrading the system or replacement of system hardware :-)

Having said that, you DO have control over the ads that you see - one of the great benefits of googles system -

Change the ads you see

• At the top right of an ad, select Remove Remove and then Stop seeing this ad.
    • At the top right of an ad, select Remove Remove and then Report this ad.
    • You can also let me know about ads that are offensive or inappropriate and i can block them via my google control panel.

Turn off personalized ads

1. Go to the Ad Settings page.
    2. Choose where you want the change to apply:
      • On all devices where youíre signed in: If you aren't signed in, at the top right, select Sign in. Follow the steps.
      • On your current device or browser: Stay signed out.
    3. Turn off Ad Personalisation.

You can also turn off personalisation for your browser by installing the Interest-Based Ads Opt Out extension.

Once you've turned off personalisation, Google will no longer use your info to personalize your ads. Ads can still be targeted with info like your general location or the content of the website youíre visiting.

Stop getting personalized ads on non-Google websites & apps

1. Go to the Ad Settings page.
    2. Uncheck the box next to "Also use your activity & information from Google services to personalize ads on websites and apps that partner with Google to show ads."

What doesn't change

Blocking a Google ad or turning off ad personalisation will not..
    • Stop all ads: If you turn off personalisation, Google ads will use info like your general location or the content of the website youíre visiting.
    • Change other networks' ads: Your Google ad settings donít change other ad networks.
    • Update your settings on signed-out devices: Learn how to get your ad preferences on all your devices.
    • Keep your signed-out preferences without cookies: If you delete your cookies or use a browser that blocks cookies, your ad settings wonít apply.
      • To clear your cookies without losing your settings, install the Protect My Choices extension.
      • Most mobile devices don't use cookies. On your phone or tablet, check for settings about interest-based ads, ads personalisation, or ad identifiers.

Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Message Regarding Adverts

Can I make a contribution to keep the forum going. It will in anyway make big dent in the costs but if it keeps it running for a couple of weeks it would I hope help.
    Tim

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Message Regarding Adverts

Thank you for the offer Tim. BUt no need right now

At this time, the advertising revenue covers basic costs. Other resources are covered by Crownhill.

At some point in the future, there maybe justification for pay per view or some subscription charge. But at this time, its not on the agenda.

To remove the adverts from this site, currently i'd need £1 per registered user per month. To upgrade the service and add the features that a modern support site should have, it would run to nearer £2 per month / Per annum.

Frankly I'd be very surprised if registered users on this web site would pay for access, though I may be wrong???

Looking forward, there are some significant costs on the horizon.
    1) server upgrade, its getting old !
    2) system upgrade, its very very old - the attack vectors have stopped growing, its sol old the bad hackers don't bother looking for new vectors but its in need of an upgrade. It doesn't support mobiles or tablets, looking at the user logs i can see that there are many visitors trying to use a mobile browser (pointless really on this website ) and many users do use tablets. I could make the experience so much better.
    3) storage Upgrade, the files area is bulging and getting bigger each month.

This site is key to some users, I can see the visitor logs and i know the regular users, the occasional users and the once in a blue moon users.

The site is currently running on enterprise level hardware with nightly backups. Vulnerability scanning, and enterprise level firewall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	protonbasic.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	3826

Views:	33
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	3827

Views:	34
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	3828
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

• Attention

Thread Information