Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    87.74 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default PIC 18F1330 HPWM problem

Hi Friends
    New in this forum, i am an old PROTON user (more than 10 years), even if i use it rarely.....
    For a new hamradio related project, i need to use a PIC 18F1330.
    I selected this one , as i need 2 separate HPWM single outputs .
    In the past, i used with success 18F1320 , but only 1 PWM single output available.

I got ERROR with PROTON compiler.
    It refuses compilation, and said NO PWMs into 18F1330 !! This is FALSE !!

Errors in 18F1330.ppi (at least: HPWM=0 ; Amount of PWM channels (supported by the compiler) available)
    Amount of PWM channels available should be 6 !!!
    Same problems with PIC 18F1230

Can someone help me ?
    best regards
    Archi

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: PIC 18F1330 HPWM problem

Welcome back Archi.
    Have you tried an edit of the PPI file using Notepad?
    John

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    87.74 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi
    Thanks for answer
    Obviously yes, i edited the .PPI file, but after this compiler asks for other things i was unable to satisfy
    see attachement
    there are certainly other changes to do in .PPI and / or .Def or other files.

Click image for larger version

Name:	err.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	3797

best regards
    Archi

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

From previous experience, in part the PPI lists Proton support ie the device has 4 UARTS but Proton only supports 2, PPI will be UARTS=2.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 146
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Please remember, the device's PPI file is what the compiler supports, not what the device actually contains. The SFRs and other info contained in the PPI file are so that the compiler can enable the peripherals it supports and use the SFRs and their address' and fuse configs etc...

The PIC18F1330 uses an entirely different method for PWM so the compiler does not support it.

The compiler's HPWM mechanism uses the CCP peripheral and TMR2, but the 18F1330 device uses a dedicated PWM peripheral and if I remember correctly, its Timer2 operates differently.

The same happened with the 18F4331 and I wrote a library for them on the Wiki or files section somewhere.

Now that the Proton compiler has procedures, creating a set to operate the PWM peripheral should be very straightforward for users.
    Last edited by top204; 23rd October 2019 at 15:06.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    87.74 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by top204 View Post
    Please remember, the device's PPI file is what the compiler supports, not what the device actually contains. The SFRs and other info contained in the PPI file are so that the compiler can enable the peripherals it supports and use the SFRs and their address' and fuse configs etc...

The PIC18F1330 uses an entirely different method for PWM so the compiler does not support it.

The compiler's HPWM mechanism uses the CCP peripheral and TMR2, but the 18F1330 device uses a dedicated PWM peripheral and if I remember correctly, its Timer2 operates differently.

The same happened with the 18F4331 and I wrote a library for them on the Wiki or files section somewhere.

Now that the Proton compiler has procedures, creating a set to operate the PWM peripheral should be very straightforward for users.

Hi les
    Thanks for answer.
    as i understand, there is no way to have this 18F1330 working with 2 separate simple HPWMs.
    I am not an expert, only enthusiat amateur.
    I searched for other PICs, but dont find a small unit (~18 pins narrow package) able to have 2 separate simple PWMs.
    any suggestion for an other PIC is welcome.
    Best regards
    Archi

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 13
    Total Downloaded
    5.18 GB

0 Not allowed!

With this device you have 16 separate PWM channels. You only use the yellow pins for a PWM signal, the board is official for 16 servos. Control via I2C. There are many providers for this device on the internet.

Johan

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

$1.46 !!!!

so happy to be leaving this market and moving into something that will pay the bills. How they make money on that board I have no idea.
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.18 GB

0 Not allowed!

Yes and when you search at AliExpress you'll probably find a few cents cheaper. The shipping costs are sometimes more than the product price.
    And yes I am happy because I have very cheaply a board with which I can control 16 servos for my model railroad.

Johan

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    87.74 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi friends
    What i need is a pic with 4 or 8 k of program to place code and equations. not only PWMs.
    Needed: 2 A/D inputs & 2 separate iimple HPWM 10 or 8 bit outputs, ICSP, UART. A narrow DIP package 0.3" with max 18 pins required.
    PIC 18F prefered, as PROTEUS VSM includes a lot of them for simulation before hardwiring.
    As 18F1330 is not possible, i will search a new one, similar, with "standard" Proton PWM acceptable procedure.
    Output of PWMs (15 kHz) will drive analog voltmeters (downstream external op-amps)
    Thanks
    Archi

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Never used PWM but I guess you have the option of bitbanging it, or maybe not, what do I know.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Total Downloaded
    408.14 MB

0 Not allowed!

A narrow DIP package 0.3" with max 18 pins required
    I think the only PIC18F in that package is pretty much what you have... the 18F1320/1330.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.18 GB

0 Not allowed!

A 16F1826/27 satisfies your question on a number of points but it's a 16F enhanced device.

Johan

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

18F25K50 has 1 CCP and 1 ECCP
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    87.74 MB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for suggestion of 16F1827. It is into database of Proteus VSM,
    I will investigate more in detail, but seemed to be ok.

Will tell you by a few days if OK

best regards
    Archi

• Attention

Thread Information