Thread: ch37660 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    3.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default ch376

Recently I read about thie module on this forum, but I can't find it back again.
    Does anybody have any pointers?

Grazie, Harm

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 181
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: ch376

No info but the only post I know off.
    http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthr...l=1#post515640
    George.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 12
    Total Downloaded
    5.03 GB

0 Not allowed!

I sent Les a CH376 and he wrote me that he would make a library for the CH376.
    But Les is so busy keeping the Proton Compiler up and running that I don't think this CH376 library has the highest priority.
    Maybe Les responds to this thread with further info.

Johan

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    872.27 MB

0 Not allowed!

Just out of interest I had a look at the Arduino code for the device. It doesn't look too complex so it shouldn't be too difficult to convert to Proton.
    My RAM is failing

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

You're right, but I hoped maybe some of us had done some work already

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.03 GB

0 Not allowed!

Which Arduino source do you mean, this one or is there a better one?
    Because Les said he was making a library, I no longer looked at it in recent summer days, but maybe a good job for the coming months.

Johan

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 141
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

I'm ever so sorry Dompie. I totally forgot about the CH376. I can't even remember if it arrived. Since my injury I have some problems with memory, so I write things down now on PostIts, and my desk is full of them.

As soon as time permits, I'll create a library for it. They are a simple operation and use character text strings, so it will not be difficult. Be very careful of Arduino libraries and demos etc, they are written with so much bloat and "not quite knowing what they are doing", the codes can be ridiculous. Yet the writers of the articles put over as if they are experts! Unfortunately, the internet is so full of rubbish that has been copied and pasted over and over from one site to another that people actually think it is valid. As Lester always used to say "The man with one eye is king of the Blind".
    Last edited by top204; 10th October 2019 at 11:58.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.03 GB

0 Not allowed!

Oh Les don't say sorry! I also regularly forget things if I don't write them down.
    All your work on the Proton compiler to make it better and better is much more important.
    But I am very happy that you still want to make the CH376 library. Thanks!!!

Johan

PS For your information: email from StoryPainter on March 12 confirmed the receipt of the CH376 module

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 181
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

the internet is so full of rubbish that has been copied and pasted over and over from one site to another that people actually think it is valid
    You got that right. I read somewhere (so therefore probably wrong) that 43% of Americans get their News from facebook. How scary is that, if its even half true. The stupid lead by the mouthy.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Total Downloaded
    2.89 GB

0 Not allowed!

Has anyone had any progress with these devices? I'm trying with little success, a push in right direction would be welcome
    Flosi Guğmundsson
    Reykjavík

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

I can not help you yet. I ordered one with DealExtreme, but they sent the wrong board (enc28j60 instead of ch376.) So now I have to wait if and when they are going to send the correct board. I haven't seen any notification yet.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    872.27 MB

0 Not allowed!

I think this was the article that I looked at

https://arduinobasics.blogspot.com/2...te-module.html
    My RAM is failing

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 39
    Total Downloaded
    3.36 GB

0 Not allowed!

That looks like a useful device. I think Les will be writing a driver for it when he gets the time.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Total Downloaded
    2.89 GB

0 Not allowed!

I have already written a program that "should" work but doesn't, probably because of some daft mistake on my part. Some misunderstanding or lack thereof.
    Flosi Guğmundsson
    Reykjavík

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5
    Total Downloaded
    1.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

Dear Les,

mee too will be happy to have the library for the CH376.

Leo

• Attention

Thread Information