+ Reply to Thread
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    152.82 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default MSSP module, propose for the Hshin/Hshout

I'm hoping to find this new feature in a near future.

This new command might imply certain declares to set up the MSSP module (for the MCU that is included), prior to run the command, as it's for PWM, serial and I2C.

Probably it might take a little buffer to avoid data loss, but even with the bare MSSP can leave to the user the ability to deal with the buffer empty interrupt

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 139
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: MSSP module, propose for the Hshin/Hshout

The addition of Procedures has removed any requirement for new commands, especially commands that use a microcontroller's peripheral. All that is required is a library to be created for a particular family of devices.

I made the mistake quite a many years ago of adding the Hbusin\Hbusout commands, but that was when Microchip kept things the same for the peripherals, but now they just make things up as they go along, and change peripheral operations for no real reason. This means the logistics of keeping a compiler command working on every device is too demanding, as I would need to buy every device available and create slightly different code for every device availabl and test every device available! A single person simply cannot do that when the monetary procedes from the compiler are zero !

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    152.82 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by top204 View Post
    The addition of Procedures has removed any requirement for new commands
    The greatest idea ever. In fact it may help to distribute a snippet across programs.
    I was thinking that command, for whom, like newcomer, needs to deal with command simplicity. The procedure are rather a steep learning leap.
    I think that the list of commands of Proton basic is larger than other, to supply a wide variety of field to deal with. But procedures will do better.

Quote Originally Posted by top204 View Post
    but that was when Microchip kept things the same for the peripherals, but now they just make things up as they go along
    I also don't understand why their marketing trend is the idea to create such broad variety of MCU. I think the best effort is the way Atmel was doing. A good MCU with most of the module in it. Just allow for a few different size and improve them along the time.
    So many MCU, leads to the impossibility to develop a unique tool for writing the firmware.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 173
    Total Downloaded
    5.06 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi keytapper, I assume you know that Mc own Atmel.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 139
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

The procedure mechanism of the compiler is extremely easy to operate and understand?
    It means users can create libraries of commands that can be used by other users and will be very specific for a purpose. Maybe I need to add a tutorial section to the compiler's manual to explain the power and flexability and simplicity of the procedures.

Microchip have already started to alter the original AVR devices and make them different from each other!

I never understood why Microchip started to market microcontrollers of so many different types, when most are Bastardisations of each other, instead of having a single device type but with different pin-out sizes for more or less I/O ports. Then when more RAM or flash is required, keep the original mechanisms for the existing peripherals and if required add new ones. But ALWAYS keep the existing peripherals operating as they always did!

Atmel did that for many years, but now that Microchip own them, just wait for the mass of different types of AVR devices as well.

Also, wait for the PIC32 devcies to be dropped so they can market the 32-bit Arm core they bought with Atmel. I have a sneaky feeling that is why they bought them in the first place.
    Last edited by top204; 8th October 2019 at 11:58.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    152.82 MB

0 Not allowed!

I started this discussion because of my new project is dealing with a HD44780 LCD controller interfaced with a 74xx595, on a 16F628A. So, from a pythonic perspective I was thinking about to use Print, after putting an interface layer in between the hardware and the current command.

I dropped that development in favor of an Arduino nano, which could cover the intent.

I understand that Mc has poisoned some good FOSS design, which may lead to a big flop. Similar the MS over Nokia, I think.

The non modularity of their products also will affect some market portion, but perhaps it's the smaller consumer part to suffer about that.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 173
    Total Downloaded
    5.06 GB

0 Not allowed!

Not sure I understood your post but if you're asking to replace an existing command with a procedure, it's a trivial thing.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 11
    Total Downloaded
    2.80 GB

0 Not allowed!

Keytapper,

If I understand you correctly you want to call your own code with Print. That can be done. There are several drivers for LCD displays that do that. Look in the wiki and on the forum. Procedures are much easier.
    Flosi Guđmundsson
    Reykjavík

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    152.82 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by flosigud View Post
    Keytapper,
    you want to call your own code with Print. That can be done.
    It might be a wrapper to just permute the serial command over the 74xx595 into the ordinary Print call.
    FOUND it
    As I imagined is a bit of hack over the Print command, which has to pass the the additional code.
    I learned to search more time on the wiki.

• Attention

Thread Information