Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 32
    Total Downloaded
    11.05 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default In Proteus 8 after panelisation no holes are printed on pad

Hello all
    I have put that question in Proteus forum but I'm not getting any advice so maybe here someone may help.

After penalization I am not getting the holes marking on the print which is for me a problem when to hand drill in the right position. I get the holes printing alright before converting to Gerber but not on Gerber though the holes are showing alright on the screen. I follow to the letter the instructions for Gerber generating. I am using the Arduino-DIL as pads which are multi layers for all components. I normally use pdf to make the transparency mask as it retains the right dimensions. Is anyone has the same issue.

Regards,

Yves

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    872.27 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: In Proteus 8 after panelisation no holes are printed on pad

Hi Yves, I do not use Proteus but I do use easy-PC and the gerber files that generates also do not have the center of the pads marked. If I remember correctly the drill locations are in another file to be used by the board drilling machine.

With Easy-PC you can print directly from the artwork or print to a .PDF file then print that. There is a setting in the print window to clear or fill holes. I have used both with good results. I used a Hewlett Packard laser jet printer and for the transparency I used a special film available from Rapidonline.com part number 39-0774
    My RAM is failing

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

I think See Mos is correct, but I am not at work at the moment so cannot access Protues to confirm.

When a Gerber file is generated there is usually a separate "Drill" file that holds all the drill locations and sizes for a CNC drilling machine, Gerber files are really intended for automated/CNC production they are not really intended to be used for hand drilling.
    The pads are usually produced without holes to ensure that there is no gap between the pad hole and the physical drilled hole as that could produce an open circuit.

If you want to manually drill I think you would have to hide the unwanted copper layers and produce a straight print to a laser printer (preferable on clear acetate rather than paper) and either use the acetate to indicate where to drill the holes (either pre or post etching) or as the full track & pad mask for exposing the PCB and drill through the etched pad holes after etching the PCB.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 32
    Total Downloaded
    11.05 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for all the replies. I fond a way to bypass Gerber things quite useless for people like me to make your own circuit.
    I make a pdf from the artwork then open the pdf in Corel draw then multiply the circuit with Corel draw and make a pdf print that shows holes and respect the dimensions pretty well.

Regards,
    Yves

• Attention

Thread Information