---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    lester@crownhill.co.uk
    ----------------------------------

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    4.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton MKII Development Board

G'day Lester,
    Box arrived today. thanks very much. Some great boards in there and a small number that are a mystery - but that's half the fun.
    I've bought in some PIC18F26K22 so will find the Amicus useful. The development board will improve on my current system which is a proto board with lots (and I mean lots) of jumper wires.
    Thank you Beryl for getting the package sent. I was watching the tracking and it got to Australia quickly but then sat in Melbourne airport for about 4 days much to my frustration. All is well that ends well.
    Thanks again Lester,
    John

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1,016.81 MB

0 Not allowed!

John, if you need info, PM me and if i can find the info and the time i'll upload to dev.protonbasic.co.uk
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    lester@crownhill.co.uk

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    4.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

OK, thanks Lester. I'm into graphic displays at present so any info on the board with the graphic display would be appreciated.

edit: the board doesn't seem to have a label but it has a serial DB9, a 6 pin connector and a 2*5 pin connector.
    Last edited by John Drew; 12th October 2019 at 01:00.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    801.38 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    Just got my second box, I cant believe Lester is having trouble giving stuff away. I now have Bluetooth modules, GPS boards and serial Graphic LCD's to play with along with the demo boards.

Hi John,
    I have the complete Crownhill manual for these that came with the kit (I should have the PDF file somewhere) which I can post if Lester is OK with it as it is their copyright.

I also have the Infra red CD that was a kit way back, it might be of use for the IR that is on the demo board.

Bob
    Last edited by RGV250; 13th October 2019 at 19:48.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 24
    Total Downloaded
    3.84 GB

0 Not allowed!

Lester, if there's anything left over I'm happy do buy a second box. Just let me know.

Regards,

Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1,016.81 MB

0 Not allowed!

Please feel free to upload anything to the Files area, or send it to me and i'll put it in dev.protonbasic.co.uk

I'm not bothered about Copyright for any of the Crownhill development boards / kits etc

I do have plenty more Pron and Amicus development boards etc. and more hardware like GSM / GPRS modems that are easy to work with using Proton. A stack of Bluetooth modules and GPS Bluetooth receivers I will try to get them listed soon.

Tablet PC's servers and hundreds of thousands of components.

Its a shame to put this stuff in the bin, so most is Free or will go onto eBay.

I ask only that you collect in person, or arrange your own shipping or pay for the postage and packing.
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    lester@crownhill.co.uk

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    801.38 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Lester,
    On my first order tried to buy some GSM shields but was told they were out of stock, are these shields or modules. Either way, if you have any ofthem left and the uptake on the development boards is slow I would not mind placing another order but obviously dont want to appear greedy.

Regards,
    Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1,016.81 MB

0 Not allowed!

We do not have GSM shields, for sure.

We do have several - (probably over 100) SIEMENS GSM/GPRS develeopment boards, based on the MC35i. These are essentially MC35i without the case. They are very easy to interface to, simply apply power and comms via serial interface.
    Data here

We also have a large number of complete Sarian Systems MR2110 dual SIM GSM/GPRS Modems These fully working systems, contain the Siemens MC45 modem, which can be removed and used standalone if required.

Both are very easy to interface to.

Some posts on this forum have suggested that 2G will be phased out soon, However 2G GSM /GPRS/SMS/MMS will be supported tghrougout Europe for the forseeable future, certainly well beyond the current 3G (which is now being phased out) and 4G. UK, Vodaphone O2 and EE have all commited to support 2G for legacy M2M and IOT applications to 2025 at the earliest. 2G equipment is still offered for sale as current product, for alarm systems, tracking solutions etc.
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    lester@crownhill.co.uk

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    223.72 MB

0 Not allowed!

Lester, I haven't heard back from you about the costs for one of your MKII dev. boards. I am still interested in one. I have been bringing up the Amicus 18 boards and 6 of them seem to be running well.

• Attention

Thread Information