Thread: The Proton manual60 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 180
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default The Proton manual

I don't know if it's just me but I don't seem to be able to paste examples from the PDF. I'm sure I could at some time in the past but maybe I'm having an elder moment.
    George.

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    663.68 MB

0 Not allowed!

Arrow Re: The Proton manual

Same with me.
    It appears that the manual is secured.
    Ohm sweet Ohm: www.picbasic.nl

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: The Proton manual

Seems both unfortunate and unnecessary.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

I noticed the same thing George. It was definitely possible in years gone by.
    Maybe it's because of the PDF editors out there that could create altered manuals. Les?
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    230.41 MB

0 Not allowed!

It seems that the PDF it has copy protection enable.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 141
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

1 Not allowed!

Sorry people, it is not intentional. I started using the Open Office PDF creator instead of the stupidly priced Adobe PDF creator, and I must have missed something in it.

The next manual will have the ability to copy from it. However, the full manuals in .doc format are available from here, and I will be placing the latest manuals up there ASAP.

Proton BASIC Compilers

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    872.27 MB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Les,
    It's something that I don't use a lot but is really useful when needed!
    My RAM is failing

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

1 Not allowed!

Les, thanks for that and thanks for all your efforts in general. It is amazing to me that one man in his spare time can support and improve anything as complex as TWO compilers that supports a gazillion devices, each subtlety (some not so subtlety) different from each other - and all as a labour of love.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

Many thanks George

Words such as yours give me new incentives to add and improve the compilers. But I do wish they brought some money in. :-( Maybe I can use them indirectly with some products? The problem I have is I can create and write and build, but I have no promotion knowledge or advertising knowledge etc, which seems to be the thing these days.

Even when something is rather crap or mundane and stupidly expensive, advertising and promotion seems to sell them. Just look at Apple, and current "entertainers" etc... LOL So something as complete as the Proton compilers should be relatively simple to promote.

I'm busy working on ProtonAVR and have a rough compiler version working on the "Arduino" Yuk!!!!!! A dreadfully outdated microcontroller, and an open source compiler that is full of anomalies and creates very bloated code, but as my statement above.... "Promotion"
    Last edited by top204; 20th September 2019 at 13:20.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

It seems to me the money is in hardware, peeps will rip of software without a thought but are much to lazy to build even open source hardware.

Even when something is rather crap or mundane and stupidly expensive, advertising and promotion seems to sell them. Just look at Apple, and current "entertainers" etc... LOL So something as complete as the Proton compilers should be relatively simple to promote.
    The old old story, VHS vs BetaMax (althought at least CompactCassette beat 8track).
    Last edited by towlerg; 20th September 2019 at 21:10.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    230.41 MB

0 Not allowed!

I'll pose a undocumented question....
    What about to promote tutorial on youtube ?
    What will be the financial benefit?
    Anyway, might take an extra work to do video editing, prior publish them

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

The problem I have always had is not actually acknowledging the creativity and knowledge I have. I know it sounds like blowing my own trumpet LOL, but it is something that friends have told me since I was a young-un. I've always found youtube to be a dreadful place too full of ego maniacs with very average knowledge, and certainly not enough to be giving advice or tutorials etc... Again, it is my inner thoughts that "I find it easy and straightforward, so why would anyone else want to learn from me or pay for it". LOL I know, I know, very silly, but that's my "inner self" talking.

However, I'm going to try and find some time to boost my ego, but a person on their own, with issues, finds it somewhat difficult.
    Last edited by top204; 23rd September 2019 at 12:40.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    802.58 MB

0 Not allowed!

The old old story, VHS vs BetaMax (althought at least CompactCassette beat 8track).
    Hi George,
    I dont think this one was not about money, I watched a program, I think it was about about BluRay but cannot remember. It was reported that Sony (Betamax) said they would not allow videos (of a certain adult nature) to be recorded on their system and that says it all really. In the program I think tey said they would not makethat mistake again.

Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

I don't think for a moment it was about money, it was about marketing. Not sure about blue ray, wasn't that about 50 years later. LOL

I didn't hear the adult thing, not sure how Beta could have stopped anyone from recording anything.

Fun fact. According to Wiki "..... Betamax recorders would not be discontinued until 2002, while new Betamax cassettes were available until March 2016, when Sony stopped making and selling them."
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

The BetaMax system was a better quality recorder, however, their lacing mechanism was an utter nightmare, which I think was also one of the reasons it did not become as popular as the VHS. I remember getting BetaMax videos in for repair when they first came out and they were dreadful. LOL But the early VHS recorders were a lot more straightforward and easier to repair, and more reliable because of the simpler lacing mechanism. That was until the later models, where the whole lacing mechanism was made from plastics that wore over a short period of time and the cogs and gears slipped all over the place causing them to fail very often. Because the gears etc were all plastic, the timings always went haywire and that took time to re-align, and buy new gears etc...

The original VHS recorders were all metal and will still be working to this day. If the head hasn't sealed up because of the high speed rotations of it, and the magnetic tape moving over it. However, this is a problem with all magnetic tape heads.

• Attention

Thread Information