Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    802.58 MB

1 Not allowed!

Default New CAN Library

Hi,
    After a lot of grief (some self inflicted) I am close to posting my new CAN library (with example) that does not need Library Manager. I am quite pleased with it as I think it is a lot easier to implement. It uses the new procedures which are great, I have it working in loopback mode at the moment so just a bit more to do.
    I have taken a quite different approach to the programming structure to overcome some issues so I hope when I post it Les can have a quick look over it and say if it is likely to cause any problems although it is working now.

I would like to know if anyone is using the old library and if so what device, Xtal and CAN BAUD rate so I can add to it if it is not covered.
    Devices covered so far are 18F258, 18F2680, 18F448, 18F458 & 18F4680
    Xtal 10, 20, 40mhz
    CAN BAUD 125, 250, 500kbit/s

There appears to be a bug that stops 18F4680 working in anything but "Normal" operation, I think that is a Microchip issue as a lot of other people have the same question on forums. This really did cause a lot of grief.

Regards,
    Bob

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    330.54 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: New CAN Library

All of those devices are very old.

How about the K80 and K83 families?

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    802.58 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    That is all I have at the moment apart from an 18F4585 have found.
    I am going to order a couple of the new ones probably a 46K80 and 26K83 later on today when I can find something else to negate the postage. I have not looked at the datasheet to see what improvements thereare but I think the extra speed will be good.

Regards,
    Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Bob,
    Microchip have freight free at present. Have a look at MicrochipDirect.
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    802.58 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi john,
    I have just ordered them, what a nightmare. Farnell/CPC appear to be the same company but CPC had some of the things and Farnell had the others. Farnell kept pointing me to a European partner company which seemed expensive. RS in the end do free delivery so I will be looking their way more in the future.

Reading up I think it will take a few beers to get the 46K80 included, I think the 26K83 is going to take a barrel or two :-)
    I don't know how Les does it.

Regards,
    Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Bob,

I've got some 18F46K80's you could have had. Do you have some 10uF X7R caps for the VDDCore/Vap? I use my 18F46K80's in breadboards, so I soldered the caps to the top of the pins to keep the lead inductance as small as poss.

Your code you sent me years ago, (not the library) didn't take much work to port over to the 18F46K80.

I can send it to you if you like to help with the set up if its any use.

Best Regards
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    802.58 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,
    I had a quick look through the datasheet and thought it would mainly be the configs for the osc, looking at the decoupling bit I am not sure I want to use them. Is that what they call progress??
    Do you still have my email, I would be interested to have a look at the code, also a piccy of what you have done with the caps.

Regards,
    Bob

• Attention

Thread Information