+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proton Studio with a Dark theme.280 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 GB

1 Not allowed!

Default Proton Studio with a Dark theme.

I have built a trial version of Proton Studio with a dark look somewhat like the dark theme of Visual Studio.

It is not ready for publishing yet but I would like to hear the views of those who have expressed a wish for a dark theme. I found choosing contrasting colours was a little difficult and would appreciate views on what colour palette would be most suitable for the Dark theme.

If you would like to try the theme out and are prepared to provide feedback, please PM me with an Email address where I can send the new version.
    JohnB

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 5
    Total Downloaded
    331.75 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton Studio with a Dark theme.

Isn't it theme-able ?
    You might leave the option to the user to choose from a set of themes.
    Well I understand that is a bunch of work to parametrize all the values

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 GB

0 Not allowed!

Yes it will offer a light and a dark theme, at present I have just built a dark version to test reactions.
    JohnB

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

I am interested in the test the dark version

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 GB

0 Not allowed!

The problem in making it themeable is the highlighter function which sets the foreground and back ground colour of the highlights has to override Themes. Also there are still some controls which do not properly support themes. e,g Spin edit controls do not properly render. I hope I will be able to offer a dark and light theme but at present I am developing a new version which will support docking and floating windows. When I have this is a releasable form I will revisit adding a couple of basic themes
    JohnB

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

Well I wait patiently. Congratulations on the excellent work you are doing

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    331.75 MB

0 Not allowed!

I'm glad for your efforts John, for whom suffer of photophobia this is manna from heaven . I'd like to know whether exists the file that contains the settings (including the colors), which may help to share the theme with easy.
    To have a good result we need to set a well contrasted keywords, so it might help someone if there's a shareable theme.

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.87 GB

0 Not allowed!

John would know for certain but as far as I know there is no method of sharing a theme as a file.

When a dark them was first experimented with on version 1, I came up with a few suggestions as to what colours the default dark them could be. How I did that was to use the highlighter to set the colours then took a screen grab of a section of code with the highlighter panel to the side (see example below). That way someone could see both what the highlighter settings were and how it would look in use to know if that was the look they wanted, so if you come up with a theme that you think others that could be one way of sharing it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Proton Dark Theme 3 (grouped).jpg
Views:	13
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	3895
    Last edited by Stephen Moss; 3rd March 2020 at 08:56.

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    331.75 MB

0 Not allowed!

AFAIK, the windows background is not a program matter, but it might a Windows (TM) color setting. IIRC.
    But, then the windows editor is rather configurable, less the other panes.

18. Attention

Thread Information