Thread: Stupid things I dun today11 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 169
    Total Downloaded
    4.66 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Stupid things I dun today

I selected volt on my multimeter but every range read 1.11, same on all ranges. I ASSUMED that that must be the indication for flat battery, so off the local shop for new one. Put it in and it read 3.33 on all ranges, just about to fling it at the wall when I realised the I'd pressed the hold button. How dumb am I.
    George.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 23
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Stupid things I dun today

We've all been there George😂😂😂

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    3.92 GB

0 Not allowed!

Reminds when I was young I had a Vauxhall Wyvern car. It was always burning its points. After cleaning the points it often wouldn't start because I forgot the little rotor arm under the distributor cap. That was an early indication of forgetfullness which I have now turned into an art form
    John
    Last edited by John Drew; 10th August 2019 at 00:55. Reason: Wrong name for the rotor arm

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 380
    Given: 137
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 GB

0 Not allowed!

That has just reminded me John.

I still remember when I first started driving, way back when, I took my very old Renault 14 car to a mechanic friend to get a new set of points fitted and get the car tuned. I didn't realise that with a new set of points and tuned, the acceleration would be so different. :-) I nearly crashed into a fence because the car took off so fast when I pulled away, because I just wasn't expecting it on such an old car. LOL I still remember Dave telling me to be careful pulling away because it will be a bit different, but I didn't take that much notice and didn't think it would be THAT different. :-) Ahhh the joys of the older cars when you could actually work on them.

Something similar happened when I first got a car with power steering. I was so used to pulling at the wheel to do turns on the old cars, I nearly spun the car around when I pulled away because the steering was so light I did a full turn on it by mistake. LOL It took me a few days to get used to not pulling hard at the wheel when turning corners.

Also, the first time I had a drive in an automatic car. I was so used to pressing the clutch with the left foot, I pressed both the accelerator and the brake at the same time (no clutch), and hit my head on the inside of the windscreen with both the acceleration and the sudden stop. LOL

Ohhh to be young and daft again, and see the fun in everything. :-)
    Last edited by top204; 9th August 2019 at 22:04.

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 380
    Given: 137
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 GB

0 Not allowed!

George. I've killed quite a few multi-meter fuses with first testing current, then not changing the leads over into the voltage/resistance socket and testing Voltage. Pop!!!! and the fuse goes in the multi-meter. :-)

10. Attention

Thread Information