Replies: 4
+ Reply to Thread
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Looking to commission some code to interface to OV2640 or OV7670 camera module

Hello people.

Does anyone know of someone who I can commission to write some basic code to talk to the OV2640 or OV7670 camera module.

There is Arduino code out there but I'm looking for it in Proton. In the end I need to read the RGB565/RGB555/RGB444 data as it scans. line by line and do some basic maths on the data. I'm not trying to work with the full image.

I can supply the hardware etc. BTW it all seems to be SPI data although it does also have an 8bit bus.

Thanks

Tim
    Tim

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 43
    Total Downloaded
    1.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Looking to commission some code to interface to OV2640 or OV7670 camera module

I have OV7670 camera working code of which I can proof on an existing breadboard setup. It displays on a 320 x 240 GLCD of which I also was scanning for edges of specific items however the lighting wasn't consistent enough. The screen is nice because one can overwrite the camera image with a parallel red line to be certain of the data sources location. Free for use once I have it proofed for which version to provide.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Looking to commission some code to interface to OV2640 or OV7670 camera module

Hello Normet

Any code I'm happy to pay for. At the moment I have an OV2640 module on the way but after checking out dimensions think a OV7670 camera on its own that I will build onto my board would be better. https://uk.banggood.com/3pcs-Mini-OV7670-Camera-Module-CMOS-Image-Sensor-Module-for-Arduino-p-1452971.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__1&cur_warehouse=CN

I may Purchase a board with a OV7670 to run tests on before making my own board.

The end job is to raster scan a set up. When the amount of red on the line increases past a threshold I note the line number. I then use the line number to do some calculations.

I came back to using a camera as you have been telling me to do so for ages. I'm finally going to listen.
    Tim

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 169
    Total Downloaded
    4.66 GB

0 Not allowed!

I had a play with ov7670, the type with the additional frame buffer are well worth the little extra.
    s-l1600.jpg
    George.

8. Attention

Thread Information