Proton v.3.7.2.1 created file "c:\full_after.bas" after compiled. Why?

Today 18:02
Forum: Proton Plus Compiler v3
Starter: towlerg
Views: 0
Replies: 0
Today 00:44
Forum: Proton Plus Compiler v3
Starter: davroski
Views: 0
Replies: 4
+ Reply to Thread
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Proton v.3.7.2.1 created file "c:\full_after.bas" after compiled. Why?

Proton v.3.7.2.1 created file "c:\full_after.bas" after compiled. Why?

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 380
    Given: 137
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton v.3.7.2.1 created file "c:\full_after.bas" after compiled. Why?

Whoops.... I forgot to take it out of the final compilation. Sorry.

It does not harm, it is simply the full BASIC program once include files are added and preprocessor conditions are met and when procedures are placed in their new positions, before compilation actually takes place. It also contains the include file information at the beginning of the line and what line it is from that file. It is exactly what the final compilation passes see. It was something I added it to help me figure out a way to allow procedures to be interrupt compatible and save the SFRs and compiler system variables they are used within themselves if the procedure is called from an interrupt handler. As you can now guess, this is something I am working on at the moment, but it's a big task so it will not be immediately implemented. :-)

I'll create version 3.7.2.2 to disable it.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.42 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton v.3.7.2.1 created file "c:\full_after.bas" after compiled. Why?

I think this should be retained as an option. Maybe as a declare. I can see this being useful when you are using the pre-processor. There have been a number of times when I got my pre-processor logic wrong and either included or excluded some code. Maybe give it abetter name though.
    JohnB

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    76.29 MB

0 Not allowed!

For my taste, I'd like to have the assembler without the lengthy header, which might be have an #include on the top of the file. Over all it would improve readability.
    Who likes to see the whole thing, might have a look on the *.lst file.

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 380
    Given: 137
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 GB

0 Not allowed!

I thought that also John, so I'll add an option to have it created in the BASIC program's directory. For the general compiler user it is of no real use, but it is interesting to see and can be useful for those struggling with preprocessor conditions because they can get sometimes confusing. I'll make it as a standard .txt file, because it is for viewing only and not re-compilation.

I've changed the downloadable compiler to version 3.7.2.2 that has it disabled, so the next update will have a declare for it.

The early compiler versions used a #include file, but I like to see exectly what is going on in the Asm file, all in a single file. That means any searches etc can take place in the IDE without having to search other files. Also, the COF files are created from the Asm and .lst files so they need to be a single entity, with everything in them that could be required.

The Asm is somethng that 90% of the compiler's users do not view, or care about. And that is the way it should be, but as the writer of the compiler and to help others who are trying to learn Assembler, the Asm file remains as it is. Clear to read and complete
    Last edited by top204; 23rd July 2019 at 10:41.

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 169
    Total Downloaded
    4.66 GB

0 Not allowed!

Oh, yes please, add the directive. Would it also be possible to include the comments, so that you can do a "' this should not appear" or "' this should appear".
    Last edited by towlerg; 23rd July 2019 at 13:02.
    George.

12. Attention

Thread Information