Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    319.88 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default I have made some highlight syntax for KATE

Hello Forum,
    I'm new comer, and I'd like to share my fiddling with proton basic and MCU (I'm used to play with 1 Kwords MCU).
    So for my purely own tast I prefer to edit the source on a dark theme, which is not possible with MElabs one. Therefore I started to study how to arrange the great KATE (KDE Advance Text Editor) with the proton syntax highlighter.
    The preparation will be possible for the platform that KATE supports.
    I don't know whether I'm authorized to add an attachment here, so you might find the package on my drive.
    I fiddled something also on notepad++, but it's a bit unfinished.

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.87 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: I have made some highlight syntax for KATE

There are a couple of alternative IDE's called Fineline and Proton Studio, search the forum. I don't know about Fineline but certainly Proton Studio allows you to alter the text, text background and page colours to implement a dark them.
    I tried changing the Proton Studio highlighting (under Tool>Options) to the same as Visual Basic dark theme but was not happy with the result as a direct match was not possible. I will try to implement a dark theme again but for now I just have the text and page background set to Silver as I find it easier on the eyes that White and does not require changing any other colours to make them visible.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    437.99 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hello everyone
    Congratulations for the forum.
    I'm not new to the forum in the past I had already registered, then I couldn't find the keyword to enter and I had to register again.
    Congratulations keytapper for the work done by the editor

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    319.88 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Moss View Post
    certainly Proton Studio allows you to alter the text, text background and page colours to implement a dark them.
    I tried changing the Proton Studio highlighting (under Tool>Options)
    Thanks for the input.
    I'll give it a try. But I confess I'm fallen in love with Kate .
    Besides to the color scheme, there are code folding (of which I done an adjustment, a bit). There's code folding for the preprocessor as well.

I'm planning to add a hotkey to compile the source, as much as the Proton package runs for my linux box through wine. Anyways, I just call the PrPlus to compile the source.

For notepad++ I don't feel much attracted, mostly because of the font rendering is not nice. Some time I use it when I need to use repetitive tasks, there it's very good by its macros.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    319.88 MB

0 Not allowed!

Tried Proton Studio and FineLine.
    My impression is about setting Windows colors on the way that the theme would be dark with high contrasted details. For PS the windows may be change only the writing code area, the other windows remaining at the Windows default (my fiddling with windows appearance couldn't get something in the way I'm looking for )

FL is smarter than PS, allowing to change the entire area background, so I'd rather opt to that over the two.
    Anyway I presume that all are derived from Scintilla core. I mean PS, FL Kate and notepad++.

Clearly the most featured is notepad++ with the macro recorder, but for my taste it has a bad font rendering. I suppose that commonly it's necessary to use a monospace font, in order to have a visually alignment for the source, which NP++ gives not justice.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.90 GB

0 Not allowed!

Proton Studio does not support skins at present which is what I think Keytapper is referring to. I will look into adding skins at some time but at the moment I am concentrating on fixing a couple of bug and moving to UI to fully support docking panels. I think this is of greater value particularly to users whole still working on small screens.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.87 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by keytapper View Post
    Tried Proton Studio and FineLine.
    My impression is about setting Windows colors on the way that the theme would be dark with high contrasted details. For PS the windows may be change only the writing code area, the other windows remaining at the Windows default (my fiddling with windows appearance couldn't get something in the way I'm looking for )
    Yes, but as the code window is the main part you look at it would be better than nothing, unfortunately I remembered that the unchangable default text colour is black and so some things cannot be seen on a black background.

The real problem is the arseholes at Microsoft, no matter how many people ask for it, how carefully you explain it or reference the lovely Visual Studio dark theme as an example you just cannot make those retards understand that you want to change the workspace background and they just point you to their dark theme that only changes menus and borders.
    Having removed both the old Win95 - Vista method of colour and the similar ability in theme creation that was in Window 7, the resulting limited customisation and theme creation options in Windows 10 has annoyed a lot of people.

I have just seen something that may be useful, if you do a search for "Windows Blinds software" and follow the stardoc.com link you can download a trial version that may allow you to create a global windows dark theme. There are some themes out there but they all seem to need at least one piece of software to install them which seems odd to me, so they cannot be a standard Windows theme file otherwise you would just download it.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    319.88 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Moss View Post
    if you do a search for "Windows Blinds software" and follow the stardoc.com
    Thank you for the input, I rather stick to my linux as much as I can . Only for few occasion I then switch to MS windows.
    Lately I'm very happy that the most programs I use are running also in linux by wine support. So I just have a little impact with those constrained backgrounds.

Thanks John, the editor is very nice and feature filled, I'd say that it might be few people sufferance about strong brightness, including myself :P

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 147
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

I know this may sound like a silly question, but I've read and read the PDF and it is typical of most documentation where there is too much soft text and screenshots etc... And not a simple "place this here and place that there" Then "here are the deatails fo what is happening"

Where do I add the XML file you kindly posted, in the KATE directory? Also, does KATE support calling programmers etc?

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    319.88 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by top204 View Post
    Where do I add the XML file you kindly posted, in the KATE directory? Also, does KATE support calling programmers etc?
    The XML is placed according the OS one is using.
    For linux lowers it would be $HOME/.local/share/org.kde.syntax-highlighting/syntax/protonbasic.xml. Which might need to create the appropriate path and put the file in there.
    For windows user it should go similarly to the user folder
    On Windows® these files are located %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/org.kde.syntax-highlighting/syntax. %USERPROFILE% usually expands to C:\\Users\\user.
    Which is described on the first page on the PDF, Overview.
    To launch an executable it takes to enable the plugin Compiling Extension.Then it will be a little tricky because it's likely to run a make.
    Anyways, the manual

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    319.88 MB

0 Not allowed!

I have also made a small batch file, because I'm used to compile in a mixed mode with assembler. Soon I'll try to add a hot key to run these bits.

Code:
    @echo off
    cd /d %~p1
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\PDS\PrPlus.exe" %~n1.Bas -p%2 -z  >log.txt
    type log.txt
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 goto restart
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPASMWIN.exe" /q /p%2 %~n1.asm /l%~n1.lst /e%~n1.err
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 goto restart
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPASM Suite\mplink.exe" /p%2 %~n1.o /z MPLAB_BUILD=1 /o %~n1.cof /M %~n1.map /W /x
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 goto :eof

:restart
    echo an error. Repeat
    Unfortunately Proton doesn't export an assembly coff

• Attention

Thread Information