Thread: #ELSE has no blue backcolor34 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.27 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: #ELSE has no blue backcolor

There does seem to be a problem but not like quite as described.

It is simply picking up the standard If..Else..EndIf construct. (in your image only the If is being highlighted not the #). The problem is that the # is defined as a delimiter which means #If is taken to be If. If I took this out, then syntax such as MyVar#0 would not be recognised as a valid expression.

I cannot explain why you are not picking the Else keyword, it is certainly working here on my PC. Is it picking up the Else keyword in the standard If..Else..EndIf statements?
    JohnB

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    943.86 MB

0 Not allowed!

for the standard If..Else..Endif commands, Else is not colored.

could it possibly have to do with nested if-else-endif statements? in this screen dump I expect that the endif of line 549 would be colored but it colors the endif of line 550.
    if I put the cursor on line 534, none of the if-else-endif statements color up.
    sd2.jpg
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.27 GB

0 Not allowed!

I understand now that you were referring to the Block highlighter which attempts to highlight the matching if, endif structures.
    I will have a look at it tomorrow, I might be able to fix it.
    JohnB

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.27 GB

0 Not allowed!

I have had a look at your If Then Else Endif structures and tried to replicate the problem you are seeing.
    Firstly, The block highlighting is there to identify the boundary of a specific command, e. If statement starts with If and end with an EndIf. When you place you cursor within the block you should see the start end end of that block highlighted.

BlockTest.jpg

On my system system that is working fine see image. When I set the cursor on top If line or the Else the associated Endif is highlighted.
    If I place cursor within either nested If EndiF statements the correct items are highlighted. I wouldn't expect the Else statement to be highlighted as they do not define the end of a block.

On your example EndIf statement does not refer to the correct If statement - this could be due to a misalignment before that bit of code. To be sure of catching all it is better ensure all If statements end with an Endif. The block highlighting can get confused if you do single line if statements which don't end with an EndIf.
    JohnB

8. Attention

Thread Information