Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5
    Total Downloaded
    727.71 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: #ELSE has no blue backcolor

For Johngb

I have found why the Proton Studio Version 1.0.2 build 3, was not saving the files.

To correct the problem I have opened: Tools / Options /Source Path
    Then I have confirmed the path - exactly the same path than before - and now it saves the files.

Remains some little problem:

- I load a file and save it
    - I open another time the "Open dialog" and it not opens in the folder wher i loaded the file

Then closing and re-opening the application
    - The app opens correctly with the last file
    - When i do "save" it saves the file in the right folder
    - But when i do "open file" or "save as" the dialog opens on the default folder instead of the loaded file folder

Closing the application on the second monitor it reopens on the first monitor.

Thanks for you very good job!
    Now it saves the files and I will use it.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 169
    Total Downloaded
    4.44 GB

0 Not allowed!

This is the proton studio forum. Where else can i post about proton studio?
    Oops, sorry. When looking at the forum, I just ckick "what's new" so I'm not aware what forum (or even thread) a post is in. Lazy I know but .........
    George.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    727.71 MB

0 Not allowed!

Proton Studio saved my files well, but today it stopped saving files again.

Finally discovered when it's not saving files!

I often keep a firmware with various options and to change options, I comment a group of defines and uncomment another.

- When comment or uncomment and then I save the program, the changes are not saved.

- When comment or uncomment, and then I close the application, I am not warned and I lose the variations.

- When comment or uncomment and then compile, the compilation takes place on the unmodified file.

Moreover even the Undo does not work in these cases.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    727.71 MB

0 Not allowed!

Sorry for my messages about saving the files in the wrong thread.

The right thread about "Proton Studio not saving files" is here:
    http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/78469-Proton-Studio-not-saving-the-edited-file

I
    have copied the solution in that thread.
    So maybe some administrator could delete my messages from this thread.

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    3.84 GB

0 Not allowed!

To delete just your messages in the thread would leave responses just hanging mysteriously with no connection to comments you've made. The thread belongs to another person who started it. So unless he asks me to delete the thread I'll leave things as they are.
    John

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    943.86 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by towlerg View Post
    Oops, sorry. When looking at the forum, I just ckick "what's new" so I'm not aware what forum (or even thread) a post is in. Lazy I know but .........
    No problem, it can happen.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    943.86 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by John Drew View Post
    To delete just your messages in the thread would leave responses just hanging mysteriously with no connection to comments you've made.
    John
    John, I have no problems with the thread being accidentally used for information intended for another thread. If others can benefit from the information, it is a shame to remove it.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    3.84 GB

0 Not allowed!

I'll leave it Puffeltje, Thanks for the guidance.
    John

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.19 GB

0 Not allowed!

#Else is being recognised on my system. I wonder if you have an old version of Database.mcd. This is the file both the Proton Studio and the original IDE use for highlighting proton Keywords.
    JohnB

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    943.86 MB

0 Not allowed!

the file 'database.mcd' which is used by Proton Studio on my PC is in the same folder that also contains 'proton studio.exe'. I checked this by supplementing the hint text of '#else' with 'xxxxxxxx' and seeing if this actually changed to proton studio. This is actually the case (see screen dump)
    sd1.jpg

the 'database.mcd' file starts with the following text:
    '************************************************* ****** ***
    '* Proton Development Suite *
    '* IDE Highlighter Database *
    "* *
    "* Version: 1.0 *
    '* Date: 24th August 2004 *
    '* Modified: 15th October 2004 *
    '*: 29th November 2004 *
    '*: 10th February 2005 *
    '*: 7th March 2005 *
    '*: 22nd June 2005 (LJ) *
    '*: 16th June 2007 (LJ) *
    '*: 23rd July 2007 (LJ) *
    '*: 24th February 2009 (LJ) *
    '*: 18th March 2009 (LJ) *
    '*: 05th April 2013 (LJ) *
    "* Author: David John Barker *
    "*: Les Johnson *
    "* *
    "* Notes: === Warning === *
    "*: *
    '*: Editing this database may impact on *
    "*: the operation of the IDE. Always make *
    '*: a backup before performing changes. *
    "*: *
    '************************************************* ****** ***

in this file 'database.mcd' I actually come across the 3 texts (#if, #else and #endif). as far as I can see everything looks good in the file, but #else does not color correctly.

To make sure that I am looking at the right file, I have also changed the text '#if' to '#iif'. the strange thing is that the text '#if' in my source still colors correctly. I don't understand this. Is it possible for the coloring and the hint text to be looked at unconsciously at different 'database.mcd' files? For this I searched on my PC if I might come across an other 'database.mcd'. I actually come across another one but '#if' is not in there, and the keys are not provided with hint texts either. This is apparently an older version, i think.

20. Attention

Thread Information