+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PicKit4, cosa ne pensate?13 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: PicKit4, cosa ne pensate? PicKit4 What do you think?

Simon, you suggest to buy the PicKit4?

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Total Downloaded
    224.13 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: PicKit4, cosa ne pensate?

As far as I know it can't be used from within PDS
    There's a command line utility for the PK4 (IPECMD), so if you can get a PK3 to work with PDS I would think you should be able to get the PK4 working as well.

FWIW the PK3 is available for half price right now on MicrochipDirect (last month they had the ICD3 half off).

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 16
    Total Downloaded
    803.63 MB

0 Not allowed!

Simon, you suggest to buy the PicKit4?
    Well I'm happy with it, I also have a 2 and 3, I moved on from the 2 as it didn't support the pic's I wanted to use, I now use the 4 simply because it's quicker than the 3.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded

0 Not allowed!

I have buy the PICkit4.

61 Euro at RS-components!

With the MPLAB X IPE it works and program the 18F4550.

One big boring difference between the PicKit3 program is the missing autoupdate of the exe, in other word, after compiling, you need to select the exe file and then push the program.
    This operation is really boring because you need to do after every compilation.

Any suggestion to avoid this steps and use the PICkit4 as the PICkit3?

Leo

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded

0 Not allowed!

I would say that I solved my trouble.

Help me this link:
    http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/content.php/4640-Re-New-PICkit-4-available

a
    nd the right parameter line for me is:

/P$target-device$ /F"$hex-filename$" /TPPK4 /M /OL

Many thanks Frizie

Leo

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 53
    Total Downloaded
    1.76 GB

0 Not allowed!

If you go with a Pickit 2 or Pickit 3, make sure to check out Pickit Plus software: http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/376-PICKit-Plus
    I
    t's an enhanced version of Microchip's software that adds a number of features and supports more devices.
    It works nicely with PDS.

-Rick

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 169
    Total Downloaded
    3.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

adds a number of features
    I thought about buying this, I didn't realize it added features, what are they?
    George.

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 53
    Total Downloaded
    1.76 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by towlerg View Post
    I thought about buying this, I didn't realize it added features, what are they?
    From their website:
    * Three software elements - the software in your package is specific to you and the donation.
    1. PICkit 3 Graphical user interface application. Specific solution for the PICkit(tm) 3 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer
    2. PICkit 2 Graphical user interface application. Specific solution for the PICkit(tm) 2 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer
    3. PICkit Command line user interface application. Supports both
    PICkit(tm) 2 and 3 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer
    * New programming protocol support for new classes of 8-bit Microchips PIC microcontrollers
    * New support for setting Microchip PIC UserIDs
    * New support for large EEPROMS such as the 24LC1025 and the 24LC1026
    * Updated and managed 8-bit Microchips PIC microcontroller database with online version checker
    * Improved user interface
    * HEF/SAF support with optional automatic merging
    * Improved Help, guidance and direct access to the 8-bit Microchips PIC microcontroller database.
    * USB (Full speed 12 Mbits/s interface to host PC) & IDE compatible for programming.

One feature I really like is that the command line version (invoked by PDS) doesn't care whether you're using a Pickit 2 or a 3. It auto-detects for you.

-Rick

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 367
    Given: 132
    Total Downloaded
    1.56 GB

0 Not allowed!

Crickey.... My memory!

I'm so sorry, I forgot I was sent this software for the PICkit2 and PICkit3. I tried it and it is very good. The PICkits still have issues but this new software makes them useable.
    For more example programs for Proton and Proton24 or updates, please visit: Proton WIKI or Proton Files

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded

0 Not allowed!

I will try the PICKitPlus version next time that when I found a PICKIT2 or 3.

For now the PICkit4 works very well.

Leo

20. Attention

Thread Information