Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 32
    Total Downloaded
    10.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default BreezeA board / Amicus18 problem

Hello Picsters,

I have a Breeze A board with a 18F25k22 chip mounted. That board is the exact configuration chip for chip than the Amicus18. I have used it for many years to test ideas. I'm using USB to on board serial (FT232R USB-UART USB to serial converter) to load the programs and worked very well for years but now when the loader appears,I'm getting "error opening com port" error message on my win 7 and 10 system. I have reinstalled the breeze boot loader but no avail. Where shall I look at:
    1) The 18F25K22 firmware corrupted. I could re-load the firmware with Pickit 3?
    2) The chip is worn off?
    3) Is it possible that Win 7 or 10 don't accept anymore the driver?
    Regards,

Yves

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 170
    Total Downloaded
    4.82 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: BreezeA board / Amicus18 problem

you can probably discount 2) unless "many" is more than 10, 3) as you appear to have more than one Windows PC and they both simultaniously decided not to work. Start with 3) and if that doesn't work logically attack the problem from basics and work up.
    George.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    723.78 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    Have you installed anything recently which has grabbed the com port you normally use for the Dizzy board?, have you looked in device manager to see if the port is used by the Amicus board.

Bob

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Given: 9
    Total Downloaded
    2.50 GB

0 Not allowed!

Forget the bootloaders. I have used two of theese boards for years with good results. I gave up on bootloaders long time ago and have been using Pickit 2 without trouble. A Pickit 2 or 3 clone on eBay costs about $10. To access serial port I use standard FTDI driver.
    Flosi Guđmundsson
    Reykjavík

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Given: 32
    Total Downloaded
    10.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Bob,

I don't have Amicus board. Do you think if I put the Amicus firmware for my 18F25k22 and use the PC Amicus driver it will work. Also is it possible to re arrange the assigned com ports and if so do I need to download a particular program for win 7?
    What is strange is In the Dizzy program file there is the info files but when I manually point into them it reject them. I'm pulling my hair on it.

Regards,

Yves

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    723.78 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    I am not sure if that would work, nothing wrong with the Amicus firmware but I would think you would need the Dizzy driver as it will be looking for the Dizzy ID in the FTDI chip. I might be wrong though so may be worth a try.
    Have you looked at the com ports in device manager with the board plugged in?
    Also might be worth looking a USB Deview https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html as that can give you a lot more information.

Regards,
    Bob
    Last edited by RGV250; 28th April 2019 at 17:04.

12. Attention

Thread Information