Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 91
    Total Downloaded
    1.17 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Changing EDA software

Ref EDA

Just spoken to Labcenter and its not good.

I have to either pay £700+ to update my licence to the latest version inc VSM support or £295 for the PCB stuff and lose my VSM. I was hoping to be able to keep using my old 7.1 version for VSM stuff and use the £295 basic PCB stuff for larger PCBs.

That's not an option it seems I cannot have an old version and a new version on the same machine.

Perhaps I need to look at the £295 version running in a sand box.

Hmm
    Tim

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 49
    Total Downloaded
    2.96 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Tim,

Not only opto sensor, but the same multiplexer as well. I went to the door to see if you was behind it :-) I used 0201 resistors, as I placed 1 more resistor to limit current from opto. The PCB is double faced, with some T8 tracks and V20 vias. I sent project to PCBWay last Friday. Saturday my 5 boards were ready to delivery together my SMD Stencil for USD 49 + freight !!! It's just a test prototype for me, if all work fine, I will need 300 opto sensors for each of 18 Graduated Cylinders that we install in every equipment. Give me your email and I will send to you the complete project with gerbers. Maybe it can be usefull for you too.

Ricardo Urio

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 168
    Total Downloaded
    3.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

That's not an option it seems I cannot have an old version and a new version on the same machine.
    I have 7.10 sp0 and 8.8 sp1 running on the same machine both under x86 and x64. I even have them both running at the same time, although I'm not sure thats a great idea.
    George.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 91
    Total Downloaded
    1.17 GB

0 Not allowed!

What I can do is swap licenses. When running a VSM swap back to my old licence and run in 7.1. It is just a min in licence manager.
    Tim

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 130
    Total Downloaded
    1.53 GB

0 Not allowed!

No wonder there are so many pirated versions of Proteus to easily get a hold of out there! That company has always suffered from the modern day "greed" factor. :-(

They are in the mindset of "Let's have a few users paying far too much, instead of lots and lots of users paying a fair price", which unfortunately seems to be the mantra of busines now. :-(

It's not even that good IMO! The interface is dreadful and the devices they are now placing in it are not fully compatible and have quite a few peripherals missing, and they are catering strongly for the Arduino sheep, who get everything for nothing or next to nothing, so they are virtually "ALL" using the pirated versions of Proteus.

As soon as one of the other companies start to bring their schematic software into the spice world properly, they are in for a big fall, but "the man with one eye if the king of the blind", when thre is nothing else to compete, but just look at Microsoft, Nokia, Blackberry, and now Apple!
    For more example programs for Proton and Proton24 or updates, please visit: Proton WIKI or Proton Files

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 168
    Total Downloaded
    3.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Totally agree with Les but I have yet to see a tool that does more "real" sim of Pic devices.

Flowcode removes you too far from the hardware.
    The Oshonsoft line of products are limited to input and output types.
    WiZ-c with it's inexpensive hardware debugger - if I could do C.
    MpLabx sucks the big one.
    LabView is much to clever for me.
    Tina is a joke isn't it?
    I've never tried Psim, perhaps I should.

Anything I forgot?
    George.

12. Attention

Thread Information