+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.90 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: johngb has just uploaded Proton Studio Update 1.0.2.0!

I would really like to build the PDF now into the application. I need to investigate how Dave S gets into the Microchip site to locate the files.

Code formatter, not quite sure what you mean by that, do you mean indentation?

If you click on Project Information in the Project Manager toolbar (previously called Project Edit) all the items in the Project Config dialog are disabled. If you need to change the device or xtal you will need to change it in the source(.bas/inc) files. Project Config now is only active when you are creating a new project from scratch.

If you are using the pre-processor (i.e. $define , $ifDef etc) you make find some cases where some false unused variables detected which have already been excluded by the preprocessor. I do not replicate the preprocessor function in the IDE.

The Docking windows are not movable. I have played a little with docking windows but never mastered their operation so I thought I would keep it simple.
    JohnB

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks John,
    I will have a look at that tonight.

Bob

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

I would really like to build the PDF now into the application. I need to investigate how Dave S gets into the Microchip site to locate the files.
    I'm sure you already know this but just incase. I don't know how he built them originally but if you have PDF Now install, all the files are in "C:\Users\Dave\Documents\PIC PDFs", both downloaded datasheet and link files. The link files give microchip pdf number from device number.

I must admit I've never got anywhere with docking panels.

I wonder if you'd consider the 2 long thin panels on the left with the output window underneath and the code window on the right, full height? It would give you a little mode code visible.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.90 GB

0 Not allowed!

Unless Dave is adding new PICs as they are added by MC, any PIC not in Dave's list will have to have a new link file. I looked in C:\Users\<myPC>\Documents\PIC PDFs on my PC and the directory was empty. I'll reinstall and see if I get a full folder.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

John, adding a link file manually is a trivial task, but I wouldn't want to do 50. It's plain text, it'll be obvious when you open one.

When I said \user\dave\.... I meant litrerally.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.90 GB

0 Not allowed!

I know, I have it installed now and have a reasonably full list of 8 bit devices but no 16 bit devices as far as I could see.
    I'll look to implementing a version of PDF Now in Proton Studio. It should work better as I have an Adobe independent PDF viewer.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.90 GB

0 Not allowed!

It looks like Microchip have moved the downloads folder on their site as I can't get PDFNow to download. First time I try it times out reporting that it had failed to download the file. Second time it just hangs. Have you tried recently?
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 305
    Given: 145
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

John. It is a fruitless venture to extract anything automatically from the Microchip web sites. Just the same as their devices and applications, they can leave nothing alone, even when it is working flawlessly. IMO, the Microchip web site is an absolute mess compared to how it used to be.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.90 GB

0 Not allowed!

I'm coming to the same conclusion...
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

John, I just downloaded a datasheet using the mechanism with PDF Now, so I guess it still works. One issue that I had not concidered, is the revision letter at the end of the PDF's ID number. I suppose while we're generating wish lists, what about erratas.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.90 GB

0 Not allowed!

Well you are lucky, every time I try and download it reports download unsuccessful.
    I cant tell where it is trying to download from so its difficult to debug.
    I have tried downloading and reinstalling but without success.
    I'm not going to waste any more time on it.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    1.72 GB

1 Not allowed!

I have just read this.
    I was working on a new version of Pdf Now, I have ripped the mchip site and made an app to create new linker files.
    But had deaths in the family, still sorting out things, I will get back to it eventually.
    I'll make it work using command line.
    Regards
    Dave

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

PDF Now is a great plugin, sounds like your going to make it even better.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

I agree with George, it's a great plug in Dave.
    Fuse Configurator and PDF Now are my most used.
    The recent problems with PDF Now are, for me, to do with Adobe PDF Reader. Adobe keep messing with it.
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

John, just revert to Reader 9, it is kindda OK and certainly better than their current offering.
    George.

• Attention

Thread Information