johngb has just uploaded Proton Studio Version 1.0.1.10!

Today 17:49
Forum: Proton 24
Starter: kuhrig
Views: 0
Replies: 2
Today 16:58
Forum: The Lounge
Starter: towlerg
Replies: 2
Today 04:22
Forum: Website / Forum Issues
Starter: rcurl
Replies: 31
Today 00:32
Forum: The Lounge
Starter: Tim
Replies: 3
Yesterday 18:23
Forum: Proton 24
Starter: SCV
Replies: 9
+ Reply to Thread
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    1.49 GB

1 Not allowed!

Default johngb has just uploaded Proton Studio Version 1.0.1.10!

johngb has just uploaded Proton Studio Version 1.0.1.10!

This update covers:[LIST][*]Highlighter now recognises the Array#Var notation as well as the more conventional Array [Index] syntax.[*]Added Backup and Restore facility for Source files and Project

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 22
    Total Downloaded
    2.02 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: johngb has just uploaded Proton Studio Version 1.0.1.10!

Hi John,

Thanks for the latest update - appreciated as always.

I've been playing around with new feature which allows plugins to run as stand alone programs. I've successfully added two plugins and these work as expected. However, I'm having difficulty in deleting one particular entry which I think has become corrupted. Firstly, this particular entry has no run mode and the display name, file name and run mode fields are greyed out and cannot be edited. If I delete the entry it initially disappears and all appears well. The entry also disappears in the drop down list.

All appears well until I close and then reopen Proton Studio. On reopening the IDE, the corrupt entry reappears!

I'm running the 64-bit version on windows 10. I've tried running 'studio as an administrator but this makes no difference.

Thanks a lot John,

Bob

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.49 GB

0 Not allowed!

Did you Click Update after deleting. This updates the registry otherwise the changes you make are only valid for the current session.
    JohnB

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.02 GB

0 Not allowed!

Yes John, tried the update and close options.

Bob

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.49 GB

0 Not allowed!

Would you mind opening the registry and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JGBTools\ProtonNewIDE\T ools.
    Under Tools you should see a list of entries Tool0, Tool1 etc. These should correlate with the tools you have added, including separators if you inserted a separator.
    Identify the wrong tool and let me know what the Values are for that particular tool.
    JohnB

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.02 GB

0 Not allowed!

Ok John, thanks to your help I've now solved this problem. I deleted the troublesome key.
    The entry was....

Capture1.JPG

Regards,

Bob

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 122
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

0 Not allowed!

John.... Why not just use an ini file for the configurations of the IDE? IMO, the registry is a huge problem with windows, and is something that should have been gotten rid of in later windows versions. The ini file mechanism works wonderfully, and is human readable and changeable and is a standard text file, so can also be removed with an uninstall. All it needs is to be placed in the user's directory on the OS.

Delphi uses the same syntax and command structure for ini file manipulation as it does for registry, and is something I used all the time.
    For more example programs for Proton and Proton24 or updates, please visit: Proton WIKI or Proton Files

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.49 GB

0 Not allowed!

Yes, I know about the ini file support in Delphi, in fact I am using it to load in the Printer info and to handle the .mci files which I now use to carry notes, version number code folding and bookmarks. I guess it is just down to habit. I could re-write the unit that handles the registry but there are bound to be implications across other parts where I may have taken short cuts.

I am currently looking at the SynEdit library as a possible replacement for TMS Software's ADVMemo as it looks like a much better fit and may well get around the capitalisation limitations I have with the highlighter at present. If this all goes well it could end up in a Version 2 of Proton Studio. At present this is very much a background project as I think the current version is fit enough for purpose in its present form and I have an external woodwork project to complete.
    JohnB

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 162
    Total Downloaded
    3.24 GB

2 Not allowed!

Why not just use an ini file
    Even Microsoft can't make up their mind. Definatly ini file, all the thing Les said and it's future proof.How often do you read of a problem found to be an errant key.
    George.

18. Attention

Thread Information