Dongle Issues with Windows 7 64 Bit. Making it difficult to use already purchased key

Today 11:57
Forum: Proton Plus Compiler v3
Starter: BenBarber
Views: 4587
Replies: 42
Go to last post By: shantanu@india
Today 11:56
Forum: The Lounge
Starter: Tim
Views: 0
Replies: 15
Today 11:10
Forum: Proton Studio
Starter: johngb
Replies: 3
Go to last post By: david
Today 09:17
Forum: Proton 24
Starter: hadv215
Replies: 4
Today 07:48
Forum: Proton 24
Starter: craig
Replies: 2
Today 07:10
Forum: The Lounge
Starter: shantanu@india
Replies: 25
Yesterday 21:14
Forum: USB
Starter: towlerg
Replies: 4
+ Reply to Thread
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    228.82 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Dongle Issues with Windows 7 64 Bit. Making it difficult to use already purchased key

I have had a lot of issue with the Compiler finding the dongle with new installs, it always says Missing Security Key now with the latest version.

Uninstall device, uninstall drivers, install drivers, install compiler and every possible combination..

As soon as I installed this older version it worked perfectly first time, strange coincidence?

Working Compiler.jpg

I was advised that the new HID Key would resolve these issues, surely supporting the previous keys should be a priority? I have a few of these at home, at the office and for my laptop and it's caused no end of problems and made me late delivering projects trying to sort it out.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    2.33 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Dongle Issues with Windows 7 64 Bit. Making it difficult to use already purchased

I am sure somebody here will know the answer but in the meantime...
    a) search the forums as driver issues has been discussed before as the solution my lie there &
    b) if your PC has multiple user accounts have you tried checking/setting the drivers permission to all users, as it may just be linked to the Admin account only.

The HID dongles should be better as they are future proof, the USB HID standard is set in stone whereas Microsoft can elect to change their driver standards at will.
    Consequently, I personally think the HID dongles would be better, that is if you can get hold of them as my three attempts at contacting sales to replace me current dongle with a HID one and obtain a second as spare have gone unanswered

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 24
    Total Downloaded
    4.39 GB

1 Not allowed!

Default Re: Dongle Issues with Windows 7 64 Bit. Making it difficult to use already purchased

Elliot,

Have a look at this Wiki link. 98% of who had trouble installing the Sparkey drivers for the dongle solved the issue.
    Regards

Joseph

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    931.08 MB

1 Not allowed!

as my three attempts at contacting sales to replace me current dongle with a HID one and obtain a second as spare have gone unanswered
    What is to answer.

Just visit the website and order a new license key

its really not that difficult.
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    lester@crownhill.co.uk
    ----------------------------------

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 13
    Total Downloaded
    280.03 MB

0 Not allowed!

I have just re-installed the PDS and key driver from scratch, and the PDS also did not see the dongle.
    To solve just go to the device manager in the control panel and select the dongle in the list, it should have an X beside it showing it is not installed/recognized/activated.
    Right click on it, select properties.
    Click update the driver and tell it to search the driver under C:\ (Assuming you installed the driver)
    It should reply with successfully updated, and all the supported pics compile correctly. I checked two which are not the free pics, and no, I did not re-compile all the programs I wrote .

Everybody still ok ?

Ok, how about from the shoulders on downwards ?
    Fanie

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 39
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Fanie

Good to hear from you. I'm OK, how about you?

Charlie

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 13
    Total Downloaded
    280.03 MB

1 Not allowed!

Surviving... Is that an answer ?
    Fanie

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 39
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 GB

2 Not allowed!

Yeah. It sounds as though you're having fun with 3D printing. We made a few 3D things at work and de-lamination was a problem.
    I like your idea of driving 7 seg displays with 8 bit latches, I wish I'd thought of that.

All the best for yet another year.
    Charlie

16. Attention

Thread Information