Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 170
    Total Downloaded
    4.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Beta Testers Wanted

Actually, it's probably more alpha.

While adding endless PRINT statements to show intermediate results, it occurred to me that there had to be a better way.

We all have our own process, so I guess this will be of very little general interest but it might be handy for that "all else fails" moment.

Edit: See post 5 for an updated ZIP file, the ZIP below has an error
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Drew; 17th February 2017 at 00:43. Reason: Advise update to zip
    George.

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 32
    Total Downloaded
    10.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Looking for bata testers

Hi George,
    I definitely will be trying it. Is it is a sort of ICD program if I understood well? I have been moaning all the time about Proton that don't have any ICD as PicBasicPro has.
    I will let you know after testing it.
    Regards,
    Yves

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

No it's not an ICD, but it might be an aid to debugging. Proton does have an ICD it's called PICD. it's in the Wiki at http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/content.php/4430-P-ICD. But I see now you already know about that, (you'r post a year ago) I guess you tried P-ICD, did you have a problem? I've wasn't able to get it working, always assumed it was me being thick.
    Last edited by towlerg; 15th February 2017 at 16:08.
    George.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    10.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi George,
    I had made many attempt to get the PICD from the link you pointed at. It seems it wasn't fully thought through. I have asked for some help about it recently but this doesn't look like anyone is interested and its is not a forte of ProtonBasic unfortunately. I wouldn't mind to pay some money if a proper ICD that works was on offer. PicBasicPro has one made for them. Anyway who knows maybe one day.

Regards,

Yves

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Small bug fix.

Mod. is it possible to update the zip file attachment in port #1 to the attached?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    George.

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    3.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

George, for the moment I've just added a comment in post 1. I'll have a go at replacing the file later when I'm not on the small tablet.
    John

Edit: I tried on the computer but couldn't remove the attachment. Added comment was the best I could do.
    Last edited by John Drew; 17th February 2017 at 00:46. Reason: Updated comment

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks john. It's a pity theres no way to update code in the first post as this would allow people coming late to a now long thread, to immeadiatly find the latest code. I guess thats what the wiki is for.
    George.

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Screen dumps of the various parts
    Main.jpg

Port.jpg

Source.jpg

Watch.jpg

Not sure if this will work, a GIF
    VarDisp.jpg
    George.

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    3.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Wow George, that project is going to be a major time saver!
    I haven't time to test at present but the readme and the screen examples suggest this may be exactly what I need. My programs always end up with many print statements to debug and interminable re-compiles and programming because of the limited space on my lcds. This could save a lot of time.
    When I've sorted a major stumbling block with a current program (not related to variables) I'll give it a try. Right now I have to do some heavy reading for a committee meeting tomorrow (I'm supposed to be retired my wife tells me) but membership pays for my toys.
    John

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    10.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hello George,

I like to have a go at your P-ICD you published. I just have a question or two. On the ReadMe.txt you said I quote " a. Copy VarDisp.exe and VarDisp.ini to your source directory" which root directory is it the C:\ or the ProtonIDE one? Also do I have to put a plug in in the Proton IDE? Many thanks.

Best regard,

20. Attention

Thread Information