Given: 54
    Total Downloaded
    2.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Web site advertising

FYI- At the top of each page I'm seeing this:

--- This is a test - only visible to admins ---
    --- advertisement may go here ---

....but I'm not an Admin, so something my be set incorrectly.

-Rick

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 181
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Only visible to Admins?

same here.
    George.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

0 Not allowed!

Interesting, I see adverts as guest and logged in?

Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Google ads are now enabled in three locations near the header, footer and in the sidebar

ads are relavant to pages YOU most recently visited.
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Lester,
    ads are relavant to pages YOU most recently visited.

I am a bit worried now, at the bottom of the screen I have Asian dating.com??

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

I am a bit worried now, at the bottom of the screen I have Asian dating.com??
    Well, i'm still in the learnin phase, but as far as I can see google look at the site and select relavant adverts and they also look at your browsing history to present adverts relavent to you.

I dont think we have any content related to Asian dating................

I will look at the options to remove certain advert catagories later in the week after we have some traffic.

I'm assuming Asian dating is not wanted?
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

0 Not allowed!

I did wonder if Google had a psychic search.

I'm assuming Asian dating is not wanted?
    Afraid not, I can't stand the food.

Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

I've been looking into this, you should be seeing adverts related to your previous browsing activity mixed with adverts related to subjects on this web site.

I cannot tailor adverts to an individual. I can remove Dating adverts, but who knows, some users may be interested?

To tailor your individual expierience, you can delete the advert by clicking the small cross on the top right if the advert, the advert is deleted and you'll be asked why you wish to delete it. You can select inappropriate.

and visit Googles "myactivity page, to understand waht google has stored for your browsing history"
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

I hate this advertising malarky, but its probably better than asking users for payment to access the forum !
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Web site advertising

Note that in googles activity center, you can delete all activity and remove the profile that google has built based upon your browsing activity.

Its not a good idea, because oogle will then present all types of advertising, until a new profile is developed from your browsing activity. Its better to selectively items from your browsing history.
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 29
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

This morning there are no adverts.
    Regards

Joseph

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

none at all?

i'm trying to tweak the settings to remove some of the garbage. May i broke it
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    1.38 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hello
    It would be nice to have Electronic advertiisments, it is probably to much work to make this happen.
    A few Crownhill products on the sidebar would be great.
    Sponsors such as Scope,and electronic test equipment Companies woud be good too.
    Gary

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

It would be nice to have Electronic advertiisments, it is probably to much work to make this happen.
    A few Crownhill products on the sidebar would be great.
    Sponsors such as Scope,and electronic test equipment Companies woud be good too.
    Gary
    Yes, agreed.

With google, i can filter the advertising to a certain extent, so eventually after the machine learning settles, you should see electronics adverts plus adverts related to your browsing history. If there is no browsing history it would become electronics plus random adverts.

by allowing google to build a history of your browsing, you will, over time get advertising which is tightly related to your browsing interests. By preventing google building a history, you get garbage.

....well you might concider all advertising garbage !

I will be adding some advertising of products available from the Crownhill web site and possibly fro third party web sites, but thats a longer term project.
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

With the exception of advertisements for products on the Crownhill web site, advertising in now enabled on this forum.

I hope that the level of advertising is not too intrusive, feedback is welcome.

I will be adding a few randomly placed adverts for heavily discounted ietms on the Crownhill sales portal, in the near future.

Crownhill will be undertaking a stock clearance and i thought it might be interesting to offer items for sale on a pay what you want basis.

i.e. we will charge the normal shipping costs, but buyers can decide what to pay, possibly with NO minimum price.... should be fun :-)

Notice that there is a small link to AMAZON Prime sign up. If users sign up to amazon prime via that link , we receive a small commission, which will be used to offset some of the runing costs for the forum. Users do not need to use amazon prime, just sign up for the trial and then cancell....we still get a smll commission.

Your support will help with the upkeep of this resource.
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thread Information