Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    1.38 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Advertisement on the forum

Hello
    Now that it is Snowing outside I have to stay in, I thought ( or not thinking at all) it would bring in a few coins to advertise on the Proton Forum, electronic stuff would be good.
    I am not sure if this would be viable, I wouldent mind as many forums have sidebar Advertisements, it takes time and Money to keep up the Forum and keep the Software current.
    Just a thought from
    A little brain and a big mouth
    Gary

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Advertisement on the forum

yes, its something that ive been thinking about. It might be a way to pay for some resource to keep this forum up and runing and update the forum system. The forum is well out of date, if it breaks it could be major, its too old to rebuild.
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    2.00 MB

0 Not allowed!

Personally i would not mind paying for help with projects/coding

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Look at the likes of the EVblog. They have adverts and I see no issues with it. If it helps pay for the forum. I'm all for it.
    Tim

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 12
    Total Downloaded
    5.03 GB

0 Not allowed!

I believe the first steps are already done. Excellent idea!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot056.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	3581

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.53 GB

0 Not allowed!

It's better if the forum can pay its way Lester. No issue with ads if it helps.
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 181
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

I normally object to ads as a matter of course but in this case I's be happy to whitelist in Adblock.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25
    Total Downloaded
    4.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Totally agree with you George.
    Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    3.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

I understand the idea behind the advertising, but that does not mean I have to like it.
    And I just found out that adblocker does not reject everything, so now I'm stuck with white holes (what's the difference between a white hole and black hole? You don't see the black holes).

@George: do you think Amazon will pay for each click or only if you buy something from them?
    Last edited by hadv215; 28th November 2018 at 00:24.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Given: 39
    Total Downloaded
    3.36 GB

0 Not allowed!

I also agree that if it help to pay for the site then I'm OK with it.
    But I won't subscribe to Amazon Prime.

Best to all
    Charlie

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

1 Not allowed!

subscription to Amazon Prime Trial and then Cancellation before month 1 trial expires costs nothing.

But really helps towards the forum running costs
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

From Lester.....

I really don't want these adverts on the forum, they spoil the look and actually increase bandwidth. Its an experiment, if the revenue is low, or the ads are too intrusive I'll go back to a no adverts position. or I can have both adverts for one group of users - say guests and no adverts for registered users - say paid membership - say $1 per month
    At under 10 a year for access to this forum, I would regard this as a bargain.

Whilst I fully understand why adverts are needed, the idea of paying to get rid of them is appealing to me!

Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Currently, the forum is open for anyone to read and download files.

Everyone gets to see the adverts.

$1 per month is approx 10 per year.

I'd be very happy to set uop a system whereby users that donate 10 per year get an advert free expierience and a dedicated area for discussion.

A two tier system, those that pay get no adverts and a dedicated forum area

Those that dont, get the adverts and access to all but the paid for forum areas.

It will not solve the upgarding issue, thats more a resource issue than a cost issue, but it would go towards covering the running costs and the cost of minor updates / fixes.

What are the thoughts on this?? negative or positive, i'd like to hear. I'm in the dark here, i have no idea what the general thought is on adverts, charging, covering costs or even if the forum is wanted etc
    Lester Wilson
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    [email protected]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sounds like a bargain, I would be happy to contribute.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Proton needs and deserves a good quality forum. Whilst we all like free "stuff", quality always has a cost. If Proton was bringing in mega bucks then I guess forum costs would not be an issue but, from what Les has said, this is not the case. Personally I think that this is an amazing forum in terms of the resources it provides and generosity of many of the people that use it.

If 10 a year helps secure the future of the forum then I'm happy to pay up. Just let me know how to do it - PayPal?

Bob

• Attention

Thread Information