Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 12
    Total Downloaded
    3.12 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Driver for ILI9341

Hi,

I'm not sure about the good job, at least not when it comes to commenting as it is almost nonexistent.

The program has horizontal and vertical menus with all strings stored in ram for speed. Input is a incremental encoder connected to Portb4,5 and a button connected to PORTB.0. I use a cheap mechanical encoder with built in switch.
    Flosi Guđmundsson
    Reykjavík

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Disregard this post Flosi,
    My directory path/names exceeded some sort of limit in the assembler. As soon as I shortened things down all compiles fine...
    John

Hi Flosi,
    I tried to compile your code using the 18F26k22 and I had Assembler errors.
    Maybe I have the wrong assembler.Click image for larger version

Name:	Errormsg.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	3789
    Any ideas?

Also is it possible to use a 18F25K22 with less memory?
    John
    Last edited by John Drew; 9th October 2019 at 04:23.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

G'day all,
    I'm being driven mad by a supposed ILI9341 display ( 2.4TFT 240*320 V21_9341). I bought it as a ILI9325 but the label suggests it's a ILI9341. Maybe that's just a model number.
    I'm using an AMICUS18 with a PIC18F25K22 and set on 5V because the display has a 3.3V regulator on board. The software is a working version from Charlie which is Flosi's code.
    There is data going to the SD_DIN and the clock on SD_CLK. I have the DB pins connected to earth as per the datasheet. SD_CS also seems to be switching.
    According to the datasheet I should be switching between commands and data but if I connect this line to any of the other inputs that doesn't change anything.
    Currently I'm faced with a LED lit screen and that's it.
    I've included a photo of the pins on the display. Does anyone have a similar display working? If so, how?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    John

Click image for larger version

Name:	24TFT 240 by 320 reduced.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	3814
    Last edited by John Drew; 4th November 2019 at 03:02. Reason: typo

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.12 GB

0 Not allowed!

This looks like a 16 bit display. Some can be set for 8bit by moving some o ohm resistors.
    Flosi Guđmundsson
    Reykjavík

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25
    Total Downloaded
    4.47 GB

0 Not allowed!

G'day John,

The picture you posted of your display looks identical to a display I have. In my case the controller is the ILI9325. I've had it working very nicely using Les's sample code. As far as I can remember I was using it in 8-bit parallel (bits 8-15) mode. I'm sure it's best to earth bits 0-7, but being lazy I didn't bother. The display seemed OK with that. The SPI connections are, I assume, for the SD card only.

Cheers,

Bob
    Last edited by Mellbreak; 4th November 2019 at 11:02.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Flosi and Bob,
    I hadn't considered that the SPI was just for the card. As often happens the advertisement was misleading.
    I needed SPI for a special project.
    While I'm waiting for some other displays to arrive I'll give Les's code a go.
    I appreciated the replies.
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Well I've triple checked all my connections and no luck with Les's code using parallel mode. As Flosi mentioned it probably requires all 16 bits address. I'm only using DB8-15 on the display so maybe this is different to Les using DB10-17 or maybe it needs switching to 8 bit mode or maybe I've damaged the device or maybe it never worked. Don't know. I'll now just wait for my next two displays that are the same as Charlie is successfully using. This one can sit in the junk box. I think I'll go bang my head against the wall for some relief
    Yours frustratingly
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.12 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sorry about that. Here is a link to a wiki that details few displays, probably from same maker. Might help someone to find suitable display.
    http://www.lcdwiki.com/Main_Page

It is also possible that one could mod 16 bit displays for 8bit. You just have to find the IM pins of the controller and change their connections. One day I might do that with my 16 bit display.

One of my SPI displays went blank few days ago, showed only white screen. As I had nothing to loose I lifted the display from the PCB and while the soldering of the flex seemed ok I touched it up and now the display is ok. If anybody has a TFT with white screen this might be the cure.
    Flosi Guđmundsson
    Reykjavík

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 39
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191105_103131.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	3820

Here is a photo of the unit that I have got working. The ZIP file contains a working example using this display and Flosi's recent code.
    I have tinkered a little with Flosi's code but only by moving several lumps of code from Flosi's example into the .inc file.

Only the port assignments will need changing, it's for an 18F26K22. It takes a while to compile because there is a good selection of fonts that must be handled.

Display code.zip

Let me know what results you get.

Charlie
    Last edited by charliecoultas; 5th November 2019 at 11:42.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.12 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Charlie

This display is very similar to mine. Yours lacks the touch controller but has an extra transistor which I presume is to switch on the backlight.
    Flosi Guđmundsson
    Reykjavík

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

OK Flosi, unfortunately my display doesn't have IM pins available.
    I'll look forward to my next parcel.
    Cheers from Oz,
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

Flosi

Yes, the touch chip is missing. I found a photo online of the same display with the chip. It is a XPT2046, I have a couple and will try them when I get time.
    I was slightly put off by the complexity of the touch code, using Les's example. Yes, I think the transistor is for the backlight. I use 3.6V not 5V.

Charlie

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 181
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

It took ages for the LCD to be delivered and now I'm frightened of blowing it up. I have the same LCD as post #24. What voltage are we using for the Pic, for the LCD VCC and for the backlight? or is backlight a logic level?
    Last edited by towlerg; 5th November 2019 at 20:01.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

1 Not allowed!

3.3V/3.6V for everything George, I think. The 18F26K22 runs OK on 3.3V

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

I fell into the trap of forgetting that the SPI pins are hardware and not user-definable. PORTC.3 and 5 for 18F26K22.

• Attention

Thread Information