Thread: Bootloader for the 18F26K22835 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 39
    Total Downloaded
    11.61 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Bootloader for the 18F26K22

Hello all, Where can I find a bootloader for the 18F26K22. Thank you. Regards, Yves

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Bootloader for the 18F26K22

Hi Yves,
    You could use my PDS bootloader running with a terminal program or the DS30 booloader running with a PC application. I do not have the hex file for the 26K22.
    Regards
    Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 183
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Alberto, the last device zip file on the page you referenced is called "Dev_18FxxK20_18FxxK22" but only appears to contain code for 18FxxK20, a typo?
    George.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi George,
    Everything is possible. I downloaded the file and unzipped it. I have not found anything forgotten.
    There are 3 subfolders:
    Dev_18F23K20_18F46K20
    Dev_18F23K22_18F46K22
    Dev_18F65K22_18F87K22
    All have their hex files, test code and template.
    The family 65K22 and 87K22 do not have a test code because I did not have any real chip.
    With the template.bas of each family you could compile a new hex file with other parameters. (see the manual)
    I have had to attach some files because it is not possible to upload more than 10 files.
    Regards
    Alberto
    Last edited by AlbertoFS; 9th June 2018 at 17:03.
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    11.61 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hello Alberto,
    Thanks for your work concerning boot loaders and the ample pdf explanations. These seem a pretty complicate subject for me and I don't think I really want to go into the depth of it. Concerning my primary question concerning the boot loader for the 18F26k22 chip can I simply use the hex file PIC18F26K22_16MhzPLL_HSM_V50 and load it using my Pickit3 and send it to my 18F26k22 chip in the normal way or can I use the usb to serial on my Amicus board? I also have an independent usb to serial converter and I would like to know how I can use it. A small schematic or connection protocol will do. That is all I need to know. Many thanks for your time in advance.

Best regards,

Yves

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Yves,
    It is a bootloader for UART. You can use any USB/UART interface such as the Amicus18 Board. The code has been developed 100% on the Amicus18 board. The complexity of this code is because it does all the management of the HEX file and there is no need for a special program on the PC. Only send the hex file with the CoolTerm V1.46 terminal with the indicated configuration.
    Regards
    Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    11.61 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertoFS View Post
    Hi Yves,
    It is a bootloader for UART. You can use any USB/UART interface such as the Amicus18 Board. The code has been developed 100% on the Amicus18 board. The complexity of this code is because it does all the management of the HEX file and there is no need for a special program on the PC. Only send the hex file with the CoolTerm V1.46 terminal with the indicated configuration.
    Regards
    Alberto
    Many thanks Alberto

Yves

14. Attention

Thread Information