Thread: Analyser gives error547 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 180
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Analyser gives error

I believe Towlerg his problem is harder to solve for you.
    I fear you may be correct.

Loaded latest version from previous post. Deleted old analyzer directory, cleaned the registry, added the PDSProtected text file, installed. So far same result ie hang I'm going to let it run for a couple of hours. BTW no appearent memory leak, just CPU time.

After that I'll try a couple of the more complex samples.
    George.

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 12
    Total Downloaded
    5.03 GB

0 Not allowed!

@Towlerg In my clean installation the PDSProtected text file exists in the C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Roaming\PDS\Plugin\Analyse r directory. So I don't need to copy it anymore!

Johan

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Harm, I've tried several samples including new stack USB without a problem. My guess is that the problem is caused by some peculiarly in my code, unless you keen to figure it out, I'd put it on the deep back burner.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    3.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi George

it's in the snapshot.inc
    at line 128 you have "$if _eeprom"
    the preprocessor tries to evaluate this, but it needs a number
    make it "$if _eeprom > 0" and it will work (didn't I mention this to you earlier?)

There are 2 lines stating a stack underflow, one ending at 103 and one ending at 137. I've looked at the source but I can't find anything wrong with them.
    It does however insert the string " $define D_SendEEPROM False ' +" as result which is, of course, wrong. This does not impact the program, it's just the temporary file that is built for the analyser.
    I compiled the .bas and found that D_SendEEPROM is neglected because in the listing you can find "D_AddressEnd = 1024". But please check if this is correct.
    It must be a quirk in my program so I'll try to find where it goes wrong.

Regards,
    Harm

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Harm

thanks for all your efforts.

Yes, "$if _eeprom > 0" fixes the problem
    I compiled the .bas and found that D_SendEEPROM is neglected because in the listing you can find "D_AddressEnd = 1024". But please check if this is correct.
    Sorry I don't understand. D_SendEEPROM is a user setable define that controls if EEPROM data is transmitted or not, it also controls the conditional assembly of the sub D_SendEEPROMPacket, which appears in the asm list.

To the best of my knowledge, the values in the preprocessor defines in demo will cause all code to be assembled and run, therefore all subs and labels should appear in the analasis. I suspect the way I've used the proprocessor conditional assembly is throw a wrench in the works.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    3.31 GB

0 Not allowed!

The analyser detects preprocesso directives and tries to solve them.
    If an "If" results in "False" the lines up to the corresponding "EndIf" are not used by the analyser, just the same way the compiler will do.

The way you use the preprocessor is just fine, there's an anomaly in my program.

Harm

• Attention

Thread Information