Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 17
    Total Downloaded
    751.86 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Which IDE are you all using?

Hi All,

As the title says.'which IDE are you al using" I'm still using the 'standard' Proton IDE but noticed there are more options. I'm using the proton24 proc function many times and would like to use code collapsing to archieve easier code reading/scrolling etc.

What options do i have?

Thanks for any tips.
    Bas

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    203.73 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Which IDE are you all using?

Hi list,

I tried notepad ++ but I have not managed to make it work.
    I have also tried FineLine, but I do not get used to its use.
    My work tool is Proton IDE.

Regards,
    Gamboa

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

3 Not allowed!

I am developing a new IDE which, I hope will be a more modern twist on the original IDE. It will include code folding, bookmarks etc and more...
    I have been working on this for some months now and one or two users have done some testing but it is not ready for publishing at present. I certainly hope I will be able to release a beta + in the next month or so for those adventurous enough to try it out.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 181
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

I use the default IDE
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25
    Total Downloaded
    4.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

This sounds very interesting John, I'm looking forward to giving it a "whirl".

Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 142
    Total Downloaded
    1.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

You are all in for a treat with it. It is excellent!

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

Looking forward to the new IDE John.
    John D

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

2 Not allowed!

I hope Les isn't setting expectations too high, its the first time I have attempted to write an IDE and I don't have Dave Barker's skills.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 142
    Total Downloaded
    1.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

John.... I use your IDE as standard now!

It is what I said it is "it is excellent"! It is designed and built by someone who puts their heart into it, and uses the compiler it is designed for, which makes it "excellent"! It is also, really, nice to use, and does its job 100%. Have you ever used some of the open source IDEs out there on the internet? They are absolutely dreadful! Just look at MPLABX! It is the worst IDE that exists. It is slow, cumbersome, and complex! It's written in dreadful Java and just a ripped up version of Netbeans, so it is dreadful.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    2.58 GB

0 Not allowed!

thumbs up to john
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    203.73 MB

0 Not allowed!

Jhongb,

I have used some of the plug-ins that you have developed as Fuse Configurator and they work very well. So I have no doubt that the "New Proton IDE" will be a good product.

Regards,
    Gamboa

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 16
    Total Downloaded
    966.40 MB

0 Not allowed!

I saw a comment Les posted about John's IDE a few days ago and wondered if I had missed something, now I know!

Looking forward to it.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

John, will your new IDE support the current range of plug-ins? I do hope so.

Bob

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

It will have Fuse Configurator, the Peripheral Pin Select and ISR wizard built in. I might be able to add an API in the future, I approached David Barker, the original IDE author if he was prepared to release the API code which would ensure all the existing plugins would be compatible but he wanted a substantial amount of money for it.

The IDE includes a built in PDF Viewer so you will be able to access the manuals and product datasheets in the application. It will eventually include a backup and restore facility for source files but this won't be included in the first release.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.40 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sounds fantastic John. Looking forward to the first release.

Bob

• Attention

Thread Information