Thread: Macro questions684 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Macro questions

While looking through the ADC and SPI macros to see how they work I noticed a couple of things that I could not find answers to, I searched the manual for Macro and did not find any information on them at all.

I have seen some examples where it used Macro but in the libraries above it uses Macro- , is there a difference with using the dash?There are also references to Byte_Bit, Byte_Byte and Byte_Word but I cannot find where to get information on these.
    In the SPI.inc there is Return_WREG used in several places which does not appear to have been declared anywhere, I can see WREG has data written to it but I cannot see how this ties up with Return_WREG which I assume it does.

I am sure there is a whole lot more that I need to know but cannot find out where all this information is.

Regards,
    Bob

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 294
    Given: 141
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

1 Not allowed!

Default Re: Macro questions

The macros never really took off, so I didn't write an article on how to use them. Maybe I'll get around to it, as they are quite simple to use, and very efficient.

The Return_xxxxx directives are something I wrote a while back, for when I wrote libraries, but they are handy and there are a few of them.

Return_Wreg will return the value held in the WREG SFR
    Return_Byte pParameter Will return the byte variable's name in pParameter
    Return_Word pParameter Will return the word variable's name in pParameter
    Return_Dword pParameter Will return the dword variable's name in pParameter

I've just completed Return_Float, so it will be in the next compiler update.

To use one of them, a simple example Is:

Code:
    Dim MyByte as Byte

Dim Mac_Bytein as Byte
    Dim Mac_Byteout as Byte
    '
    ' Create a simple demo macro to add 1 to the parameter value and return it
    '
    TestMacro Macro pValueIn
        Num_Byte pValueIn, Mac_Bytein  ' Make the assumption that pValueIn is a constant value, and load it into Mac_Bytein
        Mac_Byteout = Mac_Bytein + 1   ' Add 1 to Mac_Bytein and place it into Mac_Byteout
        Return_Byte Mac_Byteout        ' Return the contents of Mac_Byteout to the program that uses the macro
    Endm

Main:
    ' Test the macro

MyByte = TestMacro 10        ' Load MyByte with the return value from the macro. Which will be 11. i.e. 10 + 1

' Or...

If TestMacro 10 = 11 Then   ' Call the macro and test the result
            HrsoutLn "Correct"      ' Display if it correct
        Else                        ' Otherwise...
            HrsoutLn "Incorrect"    ' Display if it is incorrect
        EndIf

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

1 Not allowed!

If you want to play with macros you could try using the MacroGenerator wizard. I wrote it to save the labour of writing out long macros and to make life easier when using Library Manager. (BTW it was my first Delphi program!)

What it does is allow you to pass parameters to a subroutine and optionally receive a return. It provides an approximation to Procedures in 18F series programs. You can download it as part of Library Manager Development tools. As I think it has some pertinence still I might add it to the wiki as a separate download.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 294
    Given: 141
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sorry John. I'd forgotten about that program. It does make things a lot easier.

That's the problem with the forum, it's too large and things get forgotten. Is there any chance of releasing the source to it for users to, maybe, add extras.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

1 Not allowed!

I am happy to release it but the code is a bit messy as it was my first attempt at Delphi.

I'll dig it out and try and publish it in the next few days.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Could you point me to the MacroGenerator plugin please John?

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Its only available as part of the Library Manager Developers pack.
    I don't have time at present to publish it as a separate plugin I am afraid.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

ah ok that would explain why I cant find it
    thanks John

• Attention

Thread Information