Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something has changed on the forum....745 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Something has changed on the forum....

Today I have noticed that quite a few people including me and Les have lost their avatars and I now have found I just have a very basic editor for composing with no means to add links or code etc and no access to the enhanced editor.
    JohnB

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 181
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Something has changed on the forum....

Yes, here as well Firefox 54
    George.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Also tried on Edge, same result.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

I have not lost my avatar although I did notice the lack of code and other formatting buttons when I posted yesterday, although I remembered the code tags were code within [] (opening) and /code within [] (closing) which worked so the forum still accepts them, they are just not currently available as a selectable button.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 141
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

I've also noticed that the advanced mode for the thread editor window is also missing. This means I can no longer wrap code in a coloured window or even change colours and fonts etc.

It seemed to happen when Firefox updated, but that could be only coincidence.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 14
    Total Downloaded
    1.35 GB

0 Not allowed!

It is just a coincidence. The forum has changed when using the Chrome browser too.

Lester?

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

quote It seemed to happen when Firefox updated, but that could be only coincidence. quote

I didn't update Firefox. Sadly every new version is a little bigger and a little slower. I believe the latest version kills old style (everything worth having) plugins.

I'm pretty much ready to shit can Firefox and try some other browser.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    1.06 GB

0 Not allowed!

Off topic, but try Opera browser. Based on chrome, plus you get a free VPN built into same
    A wise man may listen and say nothing. A fool may listen and have nothing to say. Which one are you???

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 12
    Total Downloaded
    5.03 GB

0 Not allowed!

I believe there is a Server side change or update which changes the forum. All the mainstream browsers display the server side change (Edge too?).
    I hope the webmaster can make the forum looking normal (with everybody's a avatar) again.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Yep, tried Crome. A free VPN, forgive my increduluity. The free VPN's I've seen either have small quotas or are a bitcoin mining scam. Do you realy want to send ALL your raw traffic thro someone how almost certainly has an adgenda (other than making a fair return). My VPN is the best deal ever. They were already at the bottom of the price (but not performance) scale but the had a data week sale , half price for life. at $4.95 who wouldnt use a VPN!
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

I assume Lester monitors this thread so hopefully we will get a resolution to these issues. next week.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

and they are back....
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks, that looks a lot more familiar now.
    JohnB

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 GB

0 Not allowed!

I have been working to make the forum more mobile friendly.

Here’s a mind-boggling statistic: there are now officially more mobile devices than there are people in the world.

Recently,Google modified its algorithm to favor mobile-friendly sites, and sites that previously had performed well in Google search completely fell off Google search engine results page because their sites weren’t mobile-friendly. This was Google’s way of acknowledging that consumers are unequivocally going mobile.

In the past four years, mobile use has grown nearly 400%

I can see from the logs that many VISITORS ( not necessarily registered users) are are viewing with Mobile browsers, tablets etc

I wanted to have a professional, user-friendly website, that looks good and functions well across a large range of mobile devices. Without upgrading the forum and presenting everyone with a new forum interface and style.

......It didn't work out for me.

:-(

I'm really very busy, so I will not have time to do more on the Mobile templates until , probably Xmas day.
    Lester Wilson
    ---------------------------------
    Crownhill Associates Limited
    www.crownhill.co.uk
    Tel: +44 1353 749990
    Fax: +44 1353 749991
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

Is it not possible to restore the forum to its previous state?
    George.

• Attention

Thread Information