[SOLVED !] Installation Error with addins after new installation in Windows 7 64but

Closed Thread
    AnthonyHarris

0 Not allowed!

Default Installation Error with addins after new installation in Windows 7 64but

Ive just installed proton onto a laptop with windows 7 64 bit, whilst the main programme installs ok, I cant seem to get the addons to install correctly, I have attached the error message

has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions.

I am an administrator on this machine and I am even an administrator with complete administrator privileges.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	13
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	3344

Many Thanks

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.87 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Installation Error with addins after new installation in Windows 7 64but

Is there just the single account on the PC or multiple accounts?
    If multiple accounts (even if they are also admin accounts) try installing from the primary admin account as opposed to your admin account, if that does not resolve the issue back up C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\PDS then try copying C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\PDS folder to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\PDS to see if that resolves the problem as that has solved plugin issues I have had before.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

AnthonyHarris

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Installation Error with addins after new installation in Windows 7 64but

Hello Stephen

Thank you for your reply, I couldn't find those directory's, I get as far as my user name but no app data folder, however I do for some reason have another account not sure where it came from but I will try that approach and fingers crossed will get somewhere

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.87 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sorry, I forgot to mention you have to turn on "show hidden folders" as I automatically set that with every new PC generally being the sole user.

If you enter "show hidden" in the task bar search thing hopefully it will come up a show hidden files and folder control panel option, if it does click that, if not then open the file explorer, select the view tab and then option from the menu ribbon.
    Whichever method you used you should now have the file explorer options window open, from there select the view tab and then select "show hidden files, folders and drives", you should then be able to see the folders I mentioned.

MS hide them because they don't want people messing with them and the way they are going will probably remove the ability to show them or at least bury the show function so that only tech guys who may need to dig into them can find them.

8. Attention

AnthonyHarris

0 Not allowed!

Hello Stephen

Thanks for that, I still seem to be missing some directories though. it is something to do with this laptop as I tried it on another machine and it works fine. ill keep fiddling and see how we go.

10. Attention

Thread Information