Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    704.64 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Library manger missing file warning

Hi,
    I have just opened PDS up and got a warning "Cannot open C:\program files\protonIDE\Library\Librec.dat".
    The file I am working on uses my CAN library and it compiles and appears to work OK so i wonder what this message relates to.
    I may have part of the answer but might be wrong, if I comment out the include required by library manager at the start of the code I then get a compile failure which is expected and everything is related to the library.
    I thought that when this happened there was a pop up or something like that which asked if you would like the link to be pasted at the start of the code?

Am I missing something, the thing I am worried about at the moment is if I change the filemname will library manager create a new INC file and I need to change the link at the start of the code to point to this file.

Regards,
    Bob

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.27 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Library manger missing file warning

Oh dear Library Manager is coming back to bite me again.

I haven't got Library Manager on my PC as I consider it obsolete. I haven't attempted to update it to Delphi 10.2 so I resorted to my old machine which does have Library Manager installed.

LibRec.data should be in C:\Users\"UserName"\PDS\Library. In there you should see all you libraries in sub-folders and the LibRec.Dat.

Try rebuilding the library - from Library Manager, Settings, Build Library.

It would be worth considering rewriting the CAN library using the Pre-processor. I don't really want to re-instate Library Manager if I can really avoid it as it is not used by many.

When I updated my development environment to Delphi 1.2 I put a request out to all users to let me know which of my plugins they wanted me to maintain. I then updated those plugins and for most enhanced them to support HiRes screens as well. Library Manager wasn't one of those programs which were requested.
    JohnB

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    704.64 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,
    Thanks for relying, it seems ok on files that I have already compiled as long as I leave the old line in at the top.

I would love to have a go at re-writing it for the pre-processor but have no idea where to start or how much work it would be.
    Any pointers you or anyone else could give would be greatly received.

I suppose the first question is will it be a monumental task, writing it in the first place and then converting it to a library was quite big for me.

Regards,
    Bob

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    704.64 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    While sitting in a bar on the isle of man looking at all the girls way out of my age range I suddenly thought, if I redo it so it works with the pre-processor will others be able to use it like they could with the library.
    I then thought I need my head examined, why was I thinking about that when there were far better distractions.

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    193.94 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Bob,
    In life, things are repeated, the prosperity of many is based on the sacrifice of a few. It is something I observe day by day, at work, with my children, etc.

Regards,
    Gamboa

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    704.64 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,
    I have been looking into this but really have no idea whereto start.
    When I did the original library there was a really good document from Tim on creating macros and then I believe there was something in library manager which made the conversion really was.
    I have noticed you and others appear to have a lot of issues with the pre processor so I figure I will have no chance.
    Do you know the PDS version which "broke" library manager so I can revert back to when it worked.
    I know this is not the best way to go but I really do not think I can figure out how to implement the pre processor so looks like my only option.

Regards,
    Bob

12. Attention

Thread Information