Thread: PDS ABOUT screen + display magnification1003 days old

Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 54
    Total Downloaded
    2.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default PDS ABOUT screen + display magnification

As I get older my collection of magnifiers seems to be growing. A couple of weeks ago I gave in and increased my screen magnification to 125%, which helped a lot. Right away I discovered that MikroProg software had issues with the magnified screen, but everything else seemed to be fine. This afternoon I needed to check my PDS version to determine if I needed to install an update, and was surprised to see that I can no longer see the compiler version in the ABOUT window.Click image for larger version

Name:	Proton version.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	3251
    Restoring screen magnification back to 100% resolves the issue.

This is a trivial thing, and now that I know what causes it, it's easy to work around it. Just wanted to post a note about it here in case someone else encounters the same problem.

-Rick

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: PDS ABOUT screen + display magnification

**UPDATE**
    I just realized that if I put the magnification back to 100% and then decrease the screen resolution a bit I still get the larger text I needed **and** both PDS and MikroProg are behaving properly.

Life's good again!

-Rick

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Given: 7
    Total Downloaded
    3.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

There should be a way of changing the default font sizes to make things easier to see, although I cannot find it at the moment (looks like another thing they have hidden in Win 10). I did find Control Panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Display, and Control Panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Fonts but am not sure they will do the job for you, but I think changing the default font settings may be a better solution then magnifying the screen/decreasing the resolution.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 181
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

0 Not allowed!

I'm sure I must be missing something here but you can change the font (and size) from View,Editor,Highlighter.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi George- That's true, but the reason I needed bigger fonts is for all of the stuff I do -not just PDS.
    Thanks for the suggestion, though.

-Rick

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.16 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Moss View Post
    There should be a way of changing the default font sizes to make things easier to see, although I cannot find it at the moment.
    Agree. I couldn't find it either. Decreasing the resolution seems to be working fine, though.

-Rick

• Attention

Thread Information