Proton support for PIC16F1769 (10-bit DAC)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proton support for PIC16F1769 (10-bit DAC)1193 days old

Lince

0 Not allowed!

Default Proton support for PIC16F1769 (10-bit DAC)

I have to design an application where the PIC16LF1769 was selected as controller because of its unique 10-bit DAC.

Apparently that PIC is still not supported by Proton (excuse me if I am wrong).

Are there plans to support it in the near future?.

Thank you very much for the answer.

Lince

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 341
    Given: 162
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Proton Support for devices - 16F1764, 16LF1764, 16F1765, 16LF1765, 16F1768, 16LF1768,

Here you go.

Proton Support for devices - 16F1764, 16LF1764, 16F1765, 16LF1765, 16F1768, 16LF1768, 16F1769 and 16LF1769

I never knew that they had 10-bit DACs on the newer 8-bit devices.

Does anyone have one that they could send me please, so I can test them out, and get their eeprom mechanism working. Microchip have stopped their samples now, since buying Atmel, so I can't get the devices I require, and buying them all would be insanely expensive! Especially when the device upgrades are free to the compiler users.

I think they've done that so AVR/Arduino users can't try and rip them off. LOL
    Last edited by top204; 28th February 2017 at 22:48.

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton Support for devices - 16F1764, 16LF1764, 16F1765, 16LF1765, 16F1768, 16LF1

I've got a 16F1827 and a 16F1829
    Both have
    Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) Module:
    - 10-bit resolution, up to 12 channels
    - Auto acquisition capability
    - Conversion available during Sleep
    Both 256 bytes EEProm

I used them for tests with cap sensing, so they're both soldered onto a PCB, though desoldering should not cause any problem.
    One of the PCB's is round and has some other components which could be easily removed. It has an ICSP connector.

Regards
    Harm

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton Support for devices - 16F1764, 16LF1764, 16F1765, 16LF1765, 16F1768, 16LF1

Thanks ever so much Harm much appreciated, but I have those devices already because they are not the new ones. It's the 10-bit DAC chips that I'm after for testing, as they also use a "new" form of flash programming, instead of eeprom. Microchip at it again. LOL

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

0 Not allowed!

Misread DAC to be ADC.
    We'll leave standardisation to MC, they really know how to take care of business...

10. Attention

Lince

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton support for PIC16F1769 (10-bit DAC)

Thank you Les for your quick answer to the problem.

I will get some samples of the PIC16LF1769 (20-pin DIP 1.8 to 3.6Vdd) in a few days.
    I can send you a couple of them from Madrid.

Please let me know the exact address where to send the parcel.

Lince

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Proton support for PIC16F1769 (10-bit DAC)

Thanks ever so much Lince. Much appreciated.

I'll send a message with address etc...

14. Attention

Thread Information