Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default New error message in fuse configurator MK2

Help please.

I started a new project today for 18F25K50. Starting with Johns Fuse Configurator MK2 the 'Check USB' button is visible but when I click on it I get the message

Windows cannot find 'C:\windows\system32\PDS_USB_HID_Wizard.exe'

I have copies of the file in the plugins folder and in the JGB folder.

I think Harms Wizard is a standalone so why is the configurator looking in the system folder?
    My RAM is failing

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: New error message in fuse configurator MK2

I'll look into it. I get a similar issue when I click on Check USB. I don't think I have Harms USB wizard installed since I changed machines.
    If its not installed, I should not be able to see the Check USB button so there's something wrong. I will get it installed and have a look at the code when I have some time.
    JohnB

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 183
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

I seem to remember that you are supposed to execute the device selector once before you try to use it from the IDE. I'll check the manual.

Installation & Cooperation with John G Barrat's Fuse Configurator
    The latest version of John's Fuse Configurator uses this tool for the configuration of the USBrelated fuses. In order to gain access to this tool it is necessary
    that you follow the next steps:
    1) unzip the .zip archive in the location where you want the tool to be
    2) run the executable and close it again.
    The tool has created an entry in the registry so the Fuse Configurator can find it.When you launch it from the Fuse Configurator, only the device configuration window is shown.
    Last edited by towlerg; 14th February 2017 at 21:30.
    George.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

0 Not allowed!

Take a look in the Registry.
    If it is installed it should be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HAdVTools.
    The entry is called "Hid Configurator" and it has a key "Location".
    As agreed between John and me, this is where Fuse Configurator looks.

But it may of course be an 'old' key that was not deleted when the wizard was deleted, so it points to an executable that is no longer there.
    In that case you can just reinstall the wizard.

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Harm,

The V2.1.1 zip was the only one that I could find and it only has the .exe file.

I changed the registry entry to point to the .exe that I had already placed in the JGB Tools folder and now it works with fuse configurator.
    My RAM is failing

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 26
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

1 Not allowed!

You're welcome
    BTW, it was built as a standalone program, that's the reason why you only have an .exe

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 31
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

I have just installed PDS on another laptop due to wobbly USB ports on my old one. When I try to install The Fuse Configurator MK2, I get the following message:

"This version of setup requires a later version of the host application to be installed on your machine"

PDS version:
    IDE: 2.0.3.3
    Loader: 1.0.2.1
    Compiler: 3.6.0.2

PC: Win 7 Premium 64 bit.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Regards
    John

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 GB

0 Not allowed!

This is a windows response not a message I generate. I am guessing it must be a permission issue. Perhaps try running as administrator?
    I am running Windows 10 currently and it installs here.
    JohnB

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the prompt reply John. I have tried running as admin, but no joy yet.

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 GB

0 Not allowed!

If you PM me with an email address I will send you the individual files and you can try manually installing.
    JohnB

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,

I did manage to get it working in the end thank you. It was a permissions issue with the existing account. I was given the pc for free, and it already had another admin on it.

BR John

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 GB

0 Not allowed!

Glad you are sorted...
    JohnB

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 183
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

I was given the pc for free, and it already had another admin on
    If I were you I'd wipe the system disk and rebuild. Who knows what malware is on the machine.
    George.

26. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    926.61 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John,

I noticed a possible anomaly with the MK2 Fuse Configurator. I declared device as 18F46K80, and the configurator gave config settings for the device's big brother the 18F66K80. I was able to manually select the 46K80 from the list though. Is this just me?

BR John

28. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 GB

0 Not allowed!

I don't have time to check at the moment but check the PPI file for 18F46K80
    My guess is that it contains the same data as the 18F66K80. If they are different I will look at it further.
    JohnB

30. Attention

Thread Information