Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: A Universal PIC18 Bootloader for PDS

New version 2.2 of the Universal PIC18 Bootloader for PDS

For the Bootloader in the High Side of the flash Memory (TOP).
    I have fixed a writing error of the first blocks of the ROM when the High and Low Interrupts are used.
    It is imperative to upgrade with version 2.2 for the High Side Memory bootloader.
    The version 4.0 is OK.
    See details in the article.
    Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

New version 3.0 of the Universal PIC18 Bootloader for PDS

For the Bootloader in the High Side of the flash Memory (TOP).
    It is a light version of the V2.2 with a better reading of the configuration and with downloading by password included.

Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

New version of the PDSloaderK40V10 for PIC18FxxK40 series

For the Bootloader in the High & Low Side of the flash Memory with password.
    The bootloader is prepared to work with PDS version 3.5.9.0 or higher.
    To write your "YourProyect.bas" code there is a workaround, please read the article.
    To config your proyect pins see the PPS_K40.inc.

Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 16
    Total Downloaded
    1.35 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Alberto,
    your bootloader is an amazing project! I'm trying the V4.1 for an 18F45K22, but have a problem compiling the bootloader file. I get an error message in step 09a:
    Code:
    ERROR
    Error at Line [1871] In file [c:\bootloader\bl005_18f46k22_lsm_code.bas] *** "for this pic you must find the position of the ram, bank0, bank1!"! ***
    I'm surprised the code doesn't pick up the value from the PPI files, or must I do this manually, if so, how?

Regards,
    John

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi John
    I have been able to reproduce the error.
    There are much controls of the PIC parameters.

This code produced the error:
    Code:
    $ifdef _bankAend
        Symbol DummyArray_Lenght = _bankAend - MyDummyByte  ' Change formula Version 2.0   
        $else
        $error "For this PIC you must find the position of the RAM, Bank0, Bank1!"
        $endif
    $endif
    The preprocessor indicates that there is not the _bankAend parameter in the .def file.

Some information is missing from 18F45K22.def or/and 18F45K22.ppi files. The bootloader needs a lot of PIC information. Much information is extracted from these files. It seems that the information "_bankAend" is missing. This information is necessary to place the arrays from bank 0.
    I think you have not updated the .def and .PPI files. Sometimes the information is incomplete or incorrect. In the file "Def_PPI_files" folder there are all updated files for the compiler. Do not forget to back up all the compiler's .def and .PPI files before copying the new ones.
    This topic is commented on in the article.
    Regards
    Last edited by AlbertoFS; 25th February 2017 at 19:36.
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 16
    Total Downloaded
    1.35 GB

0 Not allowed!

Thanks Alberto for investigating, that makes sense, I'll try updating the compiler's versions of these files as you suggest.

Regards,

John

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

In the PDS V3.5.9.1 is not corrected. Take the .def & .ppi files from the Bootloader program.
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi All,
    Please, do not use the version 3.5.9.9 of the PDS to compile my bootloader, it could give some problems.
    Better to use the version 3.6.0.1.
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi all,
    I am working on a new version of the bootloader to minimize the variation of the length of the file according to the PIC of the same family or for the new versions of the compiler. I have found a technique that should be manual to solve this problem quickly and very simply. I have added new options and I hope to deliver a much more precise manual to describe all the details of bootloader configurations. I am improving Config Fuses configuration to be automatic according to Xtal and PLL.
    However this work could take one or two months, because I do not speak English but I am working hard to learn.

However, if someone needs a specific bootloader, do not hesitate to ask for it in this thread. I will try to do it and explain it.
    Regards
    Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 40
    Total Downloaded
    3.45 GB

0 Not allowed!

Alberto

May I say a big Thank You for all the fine work you do for this forum. It really is appreciated.
    Your English is better than many people born in England!

Best regards
    Charlie

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Charlie,
    It can be achieved with the help of a web translator and many hours of work and with the appreciated help of John Drew for the final correction.
    Regards
    Alberto
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

22. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 54
    Total Downloaded
    3.89 GB

0 Not allowed!

Great to read that Alberto, it will be usefull !

Ricardo Urio

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 33
    Total Downloaded
    6.56 GB

0 Not allowed!

Keep up the good work Alberto. Thank you very much.
    Regards

Joseph

26. Attention

Sean_Goddard

0 Not allowed!

Alberto,

I have read the documentation quite a few times but I do not understand how to set certain parameters correctly (most actually ) and I am having trouble configuring the BootLoader to use an 18F27K40 but I am struggling. Would you be so kind, and if you have the time, to help me with this please?

28. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    4.62 GB

0 Not allowed!

What are your questions? you could describe your needs or options and I will explain.
    For which bootloader the HSM or the LSM? Declare Xtal/PLL...

This week I'm working hard on improving the settings to make it more understandable and with more security too.
    I can configure the PIC18F27K40 with you and compile it.
    Regards
    73's de Alberto ea3agv

30. Attention

Thread Information