Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    Total Downloaded
    793.31 MB

0 Not allowed!

Default Amicus 18 on Windows 10 problem

Hi,this is my question & problem to resolve:
    Amicus 18 works on Windows 10? I tried, but it does not work ... (Driver not found) ...On Windows 7 -64 it was ok!
    Some help ?
    Thanks.
    Stefano

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 95
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Amicus 18 on Windows 10 problem

Well some basics that may help

The coms driver is not signed so win 10 will not instal it. You need to search for unsigned drivers win 10 . It's a pain to go through a load of steps to get it to bootup in a state where it will allow unsigned drivers to load.

However that may not be the end of the problem. I never got my Amicus to bootload on my win 10 machines. You should be able to use the UMC loader instead but you miss out on some features.
    Tim

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3
    Total Downloaded
    1.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

I think this may work.

plug your Amicus18 into your P.C

type> device
    in the "Search the web and windows" box, located on the taskbar on the left
    select> Device Manager

you will seee
    other devices> amicus 18 serial port

in the "Search the web and windows" box, located on the taskbar on the left
    type>
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\Amicus18 USB Driver
    > and press the enter key

right click on
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\Amicus18 USB Driver\ftdiport.inf
    and select install

select> Yes

select> Install this driver anyway

You should see the amicus 18 serial port
    under USB controllers

The original Amicus18_Loader won't work with Windows 10
    Try this one

I have not tested it has I can't find my Amicus18 board, but think it will work, please let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Dave

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi All

Sorry, I sort of tested this before I posted, I have an Amicus clone which uses Les's software and instructions, still can't find my genuine Amicus18 board.

Just remembered I have my Windows 10 set to test mode, so the driver install won't work as described earlier if your setup is different, I also had problems later after rebooting the board showed up in the device manager and reported it was working, NOT I had to right click on both ftdibus.inf and ftdiport.inf and reinstalled, I have rebooted serveral times now and all seems okay.

I ran the Delphi software for the Amicus clone it finds it okay and programs.

The Amicus Loader file I attached in my last post, I don't think will work, typo in my Delphi search routine, I'll post I working version after I find my Amicus18 board and test it.
    If you can't wait until then send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a version which I think will work, assuming you get the driver to install.

Tim is correct, its a pain to use unsigned drivers on Windows 10
    http://en.code-bude.net/2015/08/19/h...in-windows-10/
    Regards
    Dave

8. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    793.31 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Hi All

Sorry, I sort of tested this before I posted, I have an Amicus clone which uses Les's software and instructions, still can't find my genuine Amicus18 board.

Just remembered I have my Windows 10 set to test mode, so the driver install won't work as described earlier if your setup is different, I also had problems later after rebooting the board showed up in the device manager and reported it was working, NOT I had to right click on both ftdibus.inf and ftdiport.inf and reinstalled, I have rebooted serveral times now and all seems okay.

I ran the Delphi software for the Amicus clone it finds it okay and programs.

The Amicus Loader file I attached in my last post, I don't think will work, typo in my Delphi search routine, I'll post I working version after I find my Amicus18 board and test it.
    If you can't wait until then send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a version which I think will work, assuming you get the driver to install.

Tim is correct, its a pain to use unsigned drivers on Windows 10
    http://en.code-bude.net/2015/08/19/h...in-windows-10/
    Hi Dave,
    I tried in all ways, but it does not work.
    Regards
    Stefano

10. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Stefano

Has I said before I have Windows 10 set to test mode. (doesn't like the driver for my touch pad on my P.C)

Did you manage to get the Amicus18 driver installed, it should show up under Ports in Device Manager?

If you can do the above, I can send you a version of the BootLoader App which I think will work, the one I posted I don't think will.
    Regards
    Dave

12. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    793.31 MB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    Hi Stefano

Has I said before I have Windows 10 set to test mode. (doesn't like the driver for my touch pad on my P.C)

Did you manage to get the Amicus18 driver installed, it should show up under Ports in Device Manager?

If you can do the above, I can send you a version of the BootLoader App which I think will work, the one I posted I don't think will.
    Yes Dave, the driver is installed without errors. (I see it in Device Manager Ports...)
    When I launch the bootloader, Windows 10 writes amicus 18 not found.

Thanks
    Stefano

14. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

Looks good

Try Loader attached not tested yet
    Amicus18_Loader.zip
    Regards
    Dave

16. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

Sorry Stefano

should of added these instructions

Rename Amicus18_Loader.exe to Amicus18_LoaderOld.exe
    in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\Plugin\Amicus18_Loader

and add the new Amicus18_Loader.exe to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\Plugin\Amicus18_Loader
    Regards
    Dave

18. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    793.31 MB

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up Re: Amicus 18 on Windows 10 problem --SOLVED--

Hi Dave,
    I think, today, many people will be happy! It works perfectly on WINDOWS 10. Congratulations and thank you for the solution.

Best regards

Stefano

20. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    1.72 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Amicus 18 on Windows 10 problem --SOLVED--

Hi Stefano

Thanks for letting me know that its works.
    Regards
    Dave

22. Attention

Inactive member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded

0 Not allowed!

I have tried to install the Amicus 18 driver software on my Windows 10 PC, but have little success with the install. I have downloaded the new boot loader, following instructions below. I have not been able to check the function of this out. What I need to get the serial port working so the boot loader can run. I am not too sure what I am doing and don't want to mess up this PC, the PC shows under Device Manager the Amicus 18 serial port is there but the driver is unavailable?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

24. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    793.31 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    try this: http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthr...-on-Windows-10

it works very well on my Windows... 10 .
    Regards
    Stefano

Quote Originally Posted by kginn View Post
    I have tried to install the Amicus 18 driver software on my Windows 10 PC, but have little success with the install. I have downloaded the new boot loader, following instructions below. I have not been able to check the function of this out. What I need to get the serial port working so the boot loader can run. I am not too sure what I am doing and don't want to mess up this PC, the PC shows under Device Manager the Amicus 18 serial port is there but the driver is unavailable?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken
    it works well for me

26. Attention

Thread Information