[SOLVED !] Simple code to learn interrupt use with Amicus18

Closed Thread
    Broderic

0 Not allowed!

Default Simple code to learn interrupt use with Amicus18

Hello Les,

I ran the code below, from one of your articles, taking the Interrupt Manager.inc from Amicus18\Samples (i tried also to download Interrupt_Manager.zip, but it tells web page not available) but it gives me this error, when compiled:

High_Int_Sub_Start directive has not been issued

I kindly ask you some suggestions to make it run.

Thanks a lot.

Broderic

PS This is the code from your article:

' Demonstrate the use of the Proton interrupt manager with the Amicus18 board
    '
    Include "Amicus18.inc" ' Configure the compiler to use the Amicus18 board (18F25K20, 64MHz)
    $define Handle_TMR0 ' Handle a Timer0 overflow interrupt

Include "Interrupt Manager.inc" ' Load the interrupt manager into the program
    Include "Amicus18_Timers.inc" ' Load the Amicus18 timer macros into the program

GoTo Main ' Jump over the interrupt handler
    '--------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' High Priority Hardware Interrupt Handler
    ' Interrupt's on a Timer0 Overflow
    ' Transmit text to the serial terminal
    '
    ISR_TMR0(Start)
    HRSOut "Timer0\r" ' Display text
    ISR_TMR0(Exit) ' Exit the interrupt, clearing the Timer0 flag
    '--------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' Main Program Loop
    '
    Main:
    '
    ' Configure Timer0 for:
    ' Clear TMR0L\H registers
    ' 16-bit operation
    ' Internal clock source
    ' 1:128 Prescaler
    '
    OpenTimer0(TIMER_INT_OFF & T0_16BIT & T0_SOURCE_INT & T0_PS_1_128)

Int_TMR0(Enable) ' Enable a Timer0 overflow interrupt
    Int_Global(Enable) ' Enable global interrupts
    Stop ' Stop the main program

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25
    Total Downloaded
    4.47 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Simple code to learn interrupt use with Amicus18

Hi,

The threat below may offer some help....

http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthr..._Int_Sub_Start

Cheers,

Bob

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Broderic

0 Not allowed!

Thank you so much, Bob!
    Bye.
    Broderic.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 305
    Given: 145
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

What compiler version are you using, because the sample files "Compare_Interrupt_Demo.bas", "Managed_Interrupt_Demo.bas" and "Simple_Interrupt_Demo.bas" work as expected with the current version, and these use the modified managed Amicus18 interrupt code.

All of these are located within the compiler's "Samples" directory:

"C:\Users\user name\PDS\Samples\Amicus18_Board\Interrupt_Manager"

The Proton compiler has a much better interrupt mechanism than the Amicus18 compiler had, that's why the Proton compiler is now, also , the Amicus18 compiler. It has more development done to it, and compiles for an Amicus18 microcontroller without the requirement of a USB key.
    Last edited by top204; 19th March 2016 at 19:36.

• Attention

Broderic

0 Not allowed!

Hi Les.

many thanks for your reccomendation. I did what you suggested and it works (my Proton Compiler version is 3.5.7.4).
    I'm already using Proton Compiler instead of Amicus18 Compiler for programming Amicus18, since January.

What I missed is that I didn't know that Interrupt_Manager was on PDS\Sample directory, so yesterday I took it from Amicus18\Sample directory and I commented in the Interrupt Manager.inc file the "High_Int_Sub_Start" to avoid the error during compilation.

But now it is better, when I downloaded the Interrupt Manager.inc from PDS directory, and everything is OK (I have also no warnings as I had before).

I saw that the new version of Proton 3.5.7.7 is available.
    Do you think I can download it, install it , and work with it with no problems, even if I still have Windows XP (service Pack 3) as operating system?

Thanks again.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 305
    Given: 145
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

The compiler and the IDE will work on Windows XP without a problem. And well done for not hampering to the whims of Microsoft. I still think Windows XP is the best O/S. Everything that has followed has been rather pointless! And has been done purely for "money" and not advances in technologies etc.... These could have easily been added as upgrades to Windows XP.

The compiler's source code does nothing that is dedicated to a specific version of Windows, so, really, should also work on Windows 98. :-)

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    872.27 MB

0 Not allowed!

Hi Les,

Unless I need USB then I do most of my development work using an 18F25K22 prototype board with compiler version 3.5.8.1

The Proton compiler has a much better interrupt mechanism than the Amicus18 compiler had,
    Does this mean that there are better ways then using the interrupt manager or just that the compiler handles the interrupt better?

If the interrupt manager is still valid would it be possible to convert the original WIKI article into a PDF please?
    My RAM is failing

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

I still think Windows XP is the best O/S. Everything that has followed has been rather pointless!
    It's interesting where different people draw the line. Fow me it's Win 7.
    George.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 182
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

Edit previous post. delete "." and add ", with the UI tweaked to look and feel like Win98."

An hour in politics is a long time.
    George.

• Attention

Thread Information