Circuit simulator and PCB design software - EasyEDA

+ Reply to Thread
    Maple

0 Not allowed!

Default Circuit simulator and PCB design software - EasyEDA

Circuit simulator and PCB design software - EasyEDA

EasyEDA is a free, zero- install, cloud-based EDA tool, designed to give electrical engineers, educators, engineering students and electronics hobbyists an Easier EDA Experience. It is easy to use circuit design, circuit simulator and PCB design that runs in your web browser.
    Features of EasyEDA:
    Cool Schematic Capture
    Draw schematics quickly using the available libraries on browser. Seamless automatic upgrades.
    Circuit Simulator
    Verify analog, digital and mixed signal circuits with spice subcircuits and models!
    Online PCB Design
    With multiple layers, thousands of pads, you could still operate quickly and layout smoothly.
    The system is very stable, reliable and easy to learn. The user interface is very pleasant and
    responsive operation.EasyEDA has a rich library of thousands of electronic components (for both circuits and printed circuit boards, and for modeling), and tens of thousands of examples of schematics! Anyone can use this library and expand it. It also can import existing designs done in Altium, Eagle and KiCad and then edit them in EasyEDA .
    Moreover, another outstanding feature of EasyEDA is that users can access to Open Source modules developed by thousands of electronics engineers.
    [/COLOR]
    There is a tutorial explaining the main features of the tool and a Simulation ebook, introducing circuit simulation in EasyEDA using ngspice.
    The following video briefly presents the features of EasyEDA tool.

https://easyeda.com/

2. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 173
    Total Downloaded
    1.99 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: Circuit simulator and PCB design software - EasyEDA

One of the main problems for me with Cloud based applications is that it probably won't be there in a few years time. Also, the user, probably, has no control of updates that are done to it that may cause it to be unstable, or implement changes that the user does not like. There's also the big issue of when, not if, the internet connection is down, the app is probably useless. Unfortunately, more and more applications are becoming cloud based and I see it as a disasterous mistake that will, eventually, have dire consequences.

I much prefer my applications on a master CDROM or DVD that can be installed onto my machine's hard drive, so that it is always going to be available and any updates can be done at my own discretion. I'm still using applications that are 15 to 16 years old and they still do their job perfectly well, and I am so familiar with them, I can work with them effortlessly and expertly. This seems to be becoming less and less with newer apps etc, so, to me, it also answers the question as to why modern devices and apps etc are not as reliable or robust as the older devices and apps. If no one is a real expert on anything, all that is designed and built is mediocre stuff. Looks good, but isn't actually very reliable etc...

4. Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 2
    Total Downloaded
    529.65 MB

0 Not allowed!

I agree with every Les had to say on this one.
    It seems even changes in the windows operating system are a danger to some of the old reliable applications. It seems if it ainít broke lets fool with it and break it often applies.
    I have a couple old IBM ThinkPad laptops lying around with old versions of LinuxCNC on them, they run G-code fine why change them? LTspice also runs fine on the same laptops; these computers never go on line so they should be good for many years.
    In a few years retirement will be an option and the ability to program and use some of the old micros that I have squirrelled away will be very handy, saving old compilers, operating systems and hardware is worth the small effort required.

Having said that I do use cloud based application, it's a matter of how many eggs in one basket.

6. Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 183
    Total Downloaded
    5.30 GB

0 Not allowed!

One of the main problems for me with Cloud based applications is that it probably won't be there in a few years time
    Bang on Les. Ditto your remarks re. the obsession with the latest UI and icon "feel" (ribbon being a perfect example). So much smoke and mirrors.
    George.

8. Attention

myeeplacee

0 Not allowed!

Agreed!

I am not comfortable with having my files and information stored on servers somewhere else in the world. Besides internal and external SSDs are so cheap and fast now I see little benefit with cloud storage unless one has a need to access data from anywhere in the world and not carry it with him.

Being a novice enjoying a hobby I require design software that is cheap, user friendly and good for creating gerber files and other manufacturing plots for PCBs. After trying a number of free software I found a really good one provided by good suppliers.

Check out the design software at the link below.

http://www.rs-online.com/designspark...-pcb-home-page

I also use the following for making my PCBs. When I include DHL shipping to the US 10 boards come in at something less than $4.00 each for 10. This gives me 10 boards for half what I can purchase one for in the US. I searched a name on a shipping box and it turns out to be a pretty impressive manufacturing facility.

http://makerstudio.cc/index.php?main...products_id=14

I include a board outline on each plot for registration of masks, silk screens etc.

Dennis

10. Attention

Thread Information