USB key under linux wine with proton IDE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USB key under linux wine with proton IDE1616 days old

Mark Harrington

0 Not allowed!

Default USB key under linux wine with proton IDE

Hi All

Been quite a while and hope you are well also hopefully with continued interest with proton plus , embedded in general

I have since started with ubantu linux and am amazed at this operating system Since then of course Ive installed wine brilliant little peace of software and discovered to my astonishing amazement that proton ide will run under wine in ubantu 10.4

But alas like all other good things grrr , grrr , pull hair out time , many many headaches , lots of tablets etc I added a new udev rules under /etc/udev/rules.d

With a new rule hoping that this might see the usb key indeed it does however its what to do next anyone have any ideas

See below for udev rule addition
    Code:
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="01b4", MODE="01f1f", GROUP="users"
    I have managed to get ubantu to see my android phone so Im surmising this must be possible like many other things in life assumed impossible

I am slightly clueless with this and well belonging to this terrible elite Muppet group and being brain dead of course I need assistance like many other Muppet

Could someone please assist the poor Muppet

Yes its all good this !!

Calling all non Muppet's unlike me to the rescue

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 12
    Total Downloaded
    3.12 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: USB key under linux wine with proton IDE

Hi Mark.

I have never heard of anyone having more success with Wine and Proton than you have already. I have however set up Proton on Oracle Virtual Machine running XP.

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

SimonGie

0 Not allowed!

I tried too. No joy getting the dongle to work either.
    I was hoping to get this working on Raspberry Pi, but I've used Tiny Bootloader instead. So I compile on my Windows machine and save the hex file to a network share. Then the raspberry pi machine picks up the hex file from the network share and programs the pic via the Tiny Bootloader software (that runs on Python)

Oh... and it's Ubuntu not Ubantu.
    Oo-boon-too
    Not you-bun-too

• Attention

Mark Harrington

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonGie View Post
    I tried too. No joy getting the dongle to work either.
    I was hoping to get this working on Raspberry Pi, but I've used Tiny Bootloader instead. So I compile on my Windows machine and save the hex file to a network share. Then the raspberry pi machine picks up the hex file from the network share and programs the pic via the Tiny Bootloader software (that runs on Python)

Oh... and it's Ubuntu not Ubantu.
    Oo-boon-too
    Not you-bun-too
    Hi

Seasons greetings to you all and hope 2016 proves to be a far better year Fingers crossed we would all like to see many an improvement this year comming

Thank you for your reply

Apparently this can be done using virtual box I don’t know to much about tiny boot loader software perhaps I can learn something else new if you have the time and trouble to explain this to me Id be quite interested to see what you are doing

I couldn’t help but notice the coding you submitted and I must say that takes some doing in just in pure asm , not an easy task by any means of the imagination especially on pic 18, 32 devices

Still nice to know there are some people who still have these interests, personally Id like to see this developed for Linux as well reason being is that many people are changing to Linux the advantages being quite obvious now with reference to cost and it would be a good move into that market I feel instead of just windows It would also I feel make MS think a little harder about what they charge for software baring in mind there is many a talent out in the world that is prevented from progressing due to cost s

Hence this would be a very good move now also in conjunction with other OS namely android which I’m sure you have seen embedded into car radios, togther with linux and on mobile devices

Once again cheers

Mark

• Attention

Thread Information