[SOLVED !] USB Key drivers not installing

Closed Thread

Thread: USB Key drivers not installing1641 days old

Daniel

0 Not allowed!

Default USB Key drivers not installing

OK, I have just about given up with this piece of shit...

I have tried installing the key on another new laptop using windows XP/SP2.

It will just not work. I get the message "A service installation section in this INF is invalid"

Could anyone help?

Daniel.

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 29
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: USB Key drivers not installing

Daniel,

I had the same problem last week when I tried to install the drivers on a 32bit windows 7 version, same message. I gave up and installed a 64bit version which I had no problems at all, but I took another approach to how I installed the drivers.

First I installed the drivers using a .exe installation of the drivers from here. Choose the one that suites you.

I think using the .exe file will force the drivers to be installed in the Windows directory.

Then if the dongle is still not recognised open the Control Panel, locate the Sparkey dongle, and update the driver by pointing to the file downloaded from here.

But, before you do anything, I would suggest to download USBDeview from here and delete / uninstall the offending USB related to the dongle. You can see which one it is by removing and inserting the dongle in the computer.

Hopes this helps.
    Last edited by joesaliba; 15th January 2016 at 17:46.
    Regards

Joseph

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

Daniel

0 Not allowed!

Thank you.

You are a true hero.

This worked fine. Very strange though, as I have installed it on about 8 PC's and never had problems before.

Cheers.

Daniel.

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

1 Not allowed!

For the time being I have stick this thread as it seems that recently there was some problems installing drivers. This way, this thread may not be lost in long threads. This is not a final solution to USB key drivers not installing as this was discovered by a lot of trials.

Daniel, I am so glad that it worked for you. I regret I did not tried this solution on the 32 bit system before I installed the64 bit. For another time.
    Regards

Joseph

• Attention

lemans

0 Not allowed!

fine topic, works for me also. thanks
    regards A

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.53 GB

0 Not allowed!

G'day Joseph, I think it's worth putting your suggestion on the WIKI. Maybe in Tricks and Tips.
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by John Drew View Post
    G'day Joseph, I think it's worth putting your suggestion on the WIKI. Maybe in Tricks and Tips.
    John
    Done. It is here. Feel free to edit it if there is a better way to express it.
    Regards

Joseph

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 34
    Total Downloaded
    4.53 GB

0 Not allowed!

A couple of minor edits with the English Joseph. Thanks for doing that.
    John

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0
    Total Downloaded
    872.27 MB

0 Not allowed!

I know we have been here before and I think I posted my solution on the forum long ago but I cannot find it and I had forgotten how I did it so l wasted three hours last night trying to get the key drivers to install on a couple of laptop computers. Yes, I tried many of the solutions from the forum without any luck.
    Both laptops had been cleared out and the operating system reinstalled and allowed to update and Proton installed. One was an older Asus 32 bit with a generic OEM version of W7 and the other a newer Sony 64 bit with its own recovery version of W7. I also have two desktop PC’s, both 32 bit, and the drivers installed no problem using the key driver installer.
    The USB key drivers would not install on either of the laptops. I eventually got to the stage where the Sony showed the Sparkey in the control panel under Other Devices but with ‘No Driver Installed’
    I went back to one of my working computers and searched for all Sparkey files. I picked a group of appropriate files Sparkey.INF, Sparkey.Sys and Sparkey.Cat and I copied the files to a USB stick.
    With the memory stick on the Sony, I opened control panel, double clicked on Sparkey then on the driver tab then on Update Driver. Selecting Browse My Computer and much clicking later I arrived at the folder with the copied files. Finally clicking on OK Sparkey moved from Other Devices down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers as Spark Dongle and the key came to life.
    My RAM is failing

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Total Downloaded
    6.08 GB

0 Not allowed!

I also have learned that when I do a fresh install of Windows the first thing I do when the Desktop shows is to install the Proton USB Dongle drivers. Had an instance when I let Windows update itself and could not install the drivers. Once the drivers are installed I can do what ever I want with Windows and the Dongle still work.
    Regards

Joseph

• Attention

Thread Information