SURE HT1632C 24x16 LED Display

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SURE HT1632C 24x16 LED Display1750 days old

iwmoz

0 Not allowed!

Default SURE HT1632C 24x16 LED Display

Helloo,

I've just recently got one of these displays off internet and thought it may be fun to learn how to talk to them with a PIC.

I am starting with a 16F628A and after reading but not fully understanding the datasheet, I am trying with the SHOUT command to address it, but after three days, I am still having no luck.

I know it's not good to ask for example code, but I am really struggling with this display. Does anyone have any code that I could have a look at please to give me a better understanding of it so I can see where I am going wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ivan
    Last edited by iwmoz; 29th January 2015 at 15:12.

Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

If you can, please report issues in the forum area WebSite / Forum Issues

Thank you for your attention.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 141
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

Default Re: SURE HT1632C 24x16 LED Display

I wrote an article for these displays on the Amicus18 site a few years ago. And there was some talk on the Amicus18 forum concerning the green types and code changes required for some of them.

Using the Sure 2416 LED dot matrix display board

There's also a program that implements the game of life simulation on one of these displays using the routines from the above article.

Game of Life on an LED matrix

• Attention

This valuable resource relies upon the very small amount of revenue generated by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The advertisements we display are relevant to this web site and your browsing history

Note: Some users have reported issues related to ad-blockers rendering parts of this wesite unusable,
    where possible we will rectify the issues to enable you to use this resource with adblocking enabled.

iwmoz

0 Not allowed!

Hi Les,

thanks for your quick reply. Is it only possible to talk to these displays with an Amicus board then?

I purchased a raspberry Pi a while ago and was really disapointed with it after all the hype that they recieved on the net, so am sceptical about any other brands of project boards and am not keen on going down that route. I thought it may have been fun to get one working with a PIC just to give me an idea of how they work.

• Attention

iwmoz

0 Not allowed!

I have attached my 'work in progress code' i can only assume that the display i have recieved is faulty.

• Attention

iwmoz

0 Not allowed!

try again...

• Attention

Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 141
    Total Downloaded
    1.68 GB

0 Not allowed!

An Amicus board is only a carrier for an 18F25K20 device. The code is, essentially, Proton.

• Attention

Thread Information